Drinkers with a Running Problem

Not Dogfish Head.... (Read 19 times)

Feeling the growl again

https://www.capegazette.com/article/dogfish-head-merge-boston-brewing-co/180480?fbclid=IwAR2mL7I4WpmtlSeywr7_XW9pcI0U3TkxHydSe9xvqTAno35vq474ScCiVJs

Boston Beer is actually the #1 volume American-owned beer company....all the major brands sold out to overseas....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

This doesn’t bother me. It’s not like it’s InBev. I’m thinking that we’ll continue to see consolidation in the mid to upper tier of craft beer companies. You’ll also continue to see the little local guys too. These days I seem to enjoy visiting the smaller places rather than the big name places.

It seems as though the mid tier breweries are the ones feeling the most financial pressure. My old haunt Weyerbacher sold to private investors last month due to financial woes.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

This doesn’t bother me. It’s not like it’s InBev. I’m thinking that we’ll continue to see consolidation in the mid to upper tier of craft beer companies. You’ll also continue to see the little local guys too. These days I seem to enjoy visiting the smaller places rather than the big name places.

It seems as though the mid tier breweries are the ones feeling the most financial pressure. My old haunt Weyerbacher sold to private investors last month due to financial woes.

It has been clear to me for a number of years that the craft beer industry has been over-subscribed and consolidation or elimination was inevitable.  We have started to lose some of the smaller local places...so far, largely places of lower quality I won't miss.  We'll see how far this goes.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills