Drinkers with a Running Problem

Sun King (Read 164 times)

Former runner

Sampling one of their Popcorn Pilsners courtesy of the state fair. I have to admit I'm a bit confused by this one. I'm not sure why you would use popcorn in a beer. I just can't detect any difference from a normal pilsner. I also have a maibock that I'll have to sample later.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Many American adjunct lagers use corn (and rice). Popcorn is just a version of corn that is a bit gimmicky. I had one of those and thought it okay, quaffable.

Sunking Osiris, that's where it's at.

Prince of Fatness

I brought home 4 cans of this.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Many American adjunct lagers use corn (and rice). Popcorn is just a version of corn that is a bit gimmicky. I had one of those and thought it okay, quaffable.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily gimmicky.  Sun King really tries to stay true to the local theme, even as they grow.  Popcorn is hardcore Indiana.  My sister's father-in-law, a southern Indiana native,  was bitten by Orvil Reddenbacker's dog when he was a child.

I hope you like their Indians beer I threw in your box.  The 4-pack I bought was the only time I saw that particular one for sale.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Former runner

Popcorn is hardcore Indiana.

That makes sense. The town of Valparaiso still holds an annual popcorn festival each year. There used to be a large Reddenbacker plant on Hwy 30 near there but I think it's something else now.

Ross

Prince of Fatness

Confirmed this yesterday.  The Osiris is very tasty.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here is what I wrote of it, "A nose full of citrusy flowers with a wonderful hop in the mouth. Another gift from the beer fairy." I had mine by a campfire on a night I will never forget, for real. Yummy.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I received this email today Big grin

A Message from Sun King Brewing Co. :

Bourbon Barrel Johan the Barleywine is an extremely limited release, with that being said, we set a reservation policy.  You are receiving this email because you secured one reservation for one can.  

There were only 125 cans available for reservation and all 125 cans were reserved in 60 seconds.  You will be able to pick your reserved can at the brewery in the Tasting Room on Monday, January 28th.  Our doors wll open at 10:00 AM.  We suggest that since you have a can reserved that you wait until after 11:00 AM to pick up your reservation.  The remainder of the cans that were not reserved will be released at 10:00 AM and we anticipate a line.  

These cans will be available one can per person, with valid ID, in-person (you can not pick up a reservation for someone else or have someone else pick up your reservation), along with your printed copy of your resercvation.  You will NOT be able to purchase a can for another individual.

Velvet Fog, our World Beer Cup Gold Medal winning Belgian –Style Dark Strong, will also be available in the Tasting Room on January 28th.  There is a much larger quantity of this beer and therefore no limit to how much Velvet Fog each individual purchases. 

Cheers!

The Sun King Crew
                  Fresh•Local•Beer 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Well if I don't have conflicting meetings at work I will try to take a REALLY early lunch and be in line for that.  If I miss out I will walk away with my Velvet Fog as a consolation prize.

And shame on you for not throwing us locals an FYI when you saw the reservation thing coming up.  Wink

I friended them on facebook and they practically spam my wall, curious how I never saw that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I only happened across it by chance. I was on a rather long and boring conference call Monday and was surfing Facebook about a half hour before the online reservation thing. I figured I'd give it a shot and got lucky.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sure, I'll take cans of whatever you can get me. Smile

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Looks like Fistful of Hops is now a year-round offering, but the hop profile will change with the seasons.

http://skbc.businesscatalyst.com/blog/fistful-of-hops-the-blog

C-R

Not a fan but glad they are adding more "keepers".

Looks like Fistful of Hops is now a year-round offering, but the hop profile will change with the seasons.

http://skbc.businesscatalyst.com/blog/fistful-of-hops-the-blog

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Not a fan but glad they are adding more "keepers".

+1.  I like their standard three but given their current size and diversity of good beers, I was getting kind of curious why they weren't starting to do that.

And, the one I had was ok, and I'd try the other 3 seasonals.