Drinkers with a Running Problem

Sixpoint (Read 513 times)

Prince of Fatness

I had that over hopped Diesel last night. Well, it' wasn't way over hopped but was more like a stout with a little zing.

Yeah it ain't your typical stout, but damn tasty.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

Yeah it ain't your typical stout, but damn tasty.

It sure was.

As for that Shed IPA ... well it's got an acceptable level of hops. I guess my first one was muted by the burrito and hot sauce I was having with it. Still, not earth shattering. Unmistakable for an IPA. I'd probably like it more on tap.

Prince of Fatness

As for that Shed IPA ... well it's got an acceptable level of hops. I guess my first one was muted by the burrito and hot sauce I was having with it. Still, not earth shattering. Unmistakable for an IPA. I'd probably like it more on tap.

You get this in cans?  Haven't heard of that one.

As an aside, if you want to try an IPA from them have the Resin, Yum.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

You get this in cans?  Haven't heard of that one.

As an aside, if you want to try an IPA from them have the Resin, Yum.

Bottles from Vermont.

I'll watch for Resin. It will probably knock me on my ass.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Brownstone?  It has a little bite to it but not real hoppy.  Nothing that would scare you away IMO.

I've had one. It's pretty decent. You'd probably like it Spaniel.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

gusgordon

Had the Diesel (well, two of them) yesterday.  Really nice beer.  

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

I will be on the lookout for this.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/coffee-in-a-can-sixpoint-3beans/

just showed up at a shop around 45 minutes away. can't get there until Sunday, but might grab some if they still have it. has anybody tried it yet?

Prince of Fatness

just showed up at a shop around 45 minutes away. can't get there until Sunday, but might grab some if they still have it. has anybody tried it yet?

Have not seen it in stores yet .... need to follow up.

Not at it at all. 

Have not seen it in stores yet .... need to follow up.

grabbed a 4pack today..I'll let you know my thoughts once I crack one

The 3beans was decent enough, but I prefer a Stout over a Porter. I'd rather drink a Founders Imperial Stout, Breakfast Stout or Oskar Blues Ten FIDY. I was hoping the 3beans would be more stoutlike since the Diesel drinks more like a black ale

Prince of Fatness

The 3beans was decent enough, but I prefer a Stout over a Porter. I'd rather drink a Founders Imperial Stout, Breakfast Stout or Oskar Blues Ten FIDY. I was hoping the 3beans would be more stoutlike since the Diesel drinks more like a black ale

When I find it we will compare notes.  Agree that Diesel is almost a Black IPA, not that it's a bad thing,

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

In hand. In mouth.  This shit is delicious.

Not at it at all. 

In hand. In mouth.  This shit is delicious.

it was way too thin and not enough coffee for my taste...then again my palate is calibrated to the huge Imperial Russian stouts I've been drinking...i'll put one in the fridge and give it another try sometime next week...

Prince of Fatness

it was way too thin and not enough coffee for my taste...then again my palate is calibrated to the huge Imperial Russian stouts I've been drinking...i'll put one in the fridge and give it another try sometime next week...

Yeah if you want a stout this is not it.  That said I would not call it thin and think that the coffee was just right.  I really enjoyed it and was sort of surprised as to how smooth it was (most of their beer is in your face).

Not at it at all.