Drinkers with a Running Problem

I'm officially in Taper (Read 249 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Guess what I will be doing tonite! Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

On On

Good luck zoom zoom, the hash is waiting for you when you are done with your "racist" lifestyle. Do you have a goal time? or just finish?

Queen of 3rd Place

Wow really - already? So what's the taper beverage of choice? I'll need to know what to buy for my own taper. Roll eyes Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck zoom zoom, the hash is waiting for you when you are done with your "racist" lifestyle. Do you have a goal time? or just finish?
          Heh! The calculators all show about 4:20 as my predicted finish...I'd be happy with anything under 4:30 or...heck, 5 hours, given my knee stuff. Arla, I had my usual Oberon last night. Good stuff. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

On On

That's right we talked about how 4:22 was your perfect pace of 10 minute miles. Good Luck. Many marathons have beer checks somewhere in the 20 mile range (anywhere from mile 20 - mile 23). Maybe they will have some Oberon for you. Not sure if the local hash group sponsors one at the marathon you are doing or not.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's right we talked about how 4:22 was your perfect pace of 10 minute miles. Good Luck. Many marathons have beer checks somewhere in the 20 mile range (anywhere from mile 20 - mile 23). Maybe they will have some Oberon for you. Not sure if the local hash group sponsors one at the marathon you are doing or not.
              Not likely to have Oberon, since the race is in Milwaukee...but the Milwaukee Alehouse provides beer at the finish...and, hey, it's Milwaukee. There is sure to be plenty of beer then. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

How does one find out which marathons have beer at the finish? I think that's going to be my criterion for future events. Disneyworld makes you go back into Epcot. We have friends who own a brewpub in San Francisco (21st Amendment), and they're putting out a new beer, a watermelon wheat. I was suspicious (watermelon??), but it's really tasty! http://www.21st-amendment.com/ Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How does one find out which marathons have beer at the finish? I think that's going to be my criterion for future events. Disneyworld makes you go back into Epcot. We have friends who own a brewpub in San Francisco (21st Amendment), and they're putting out a new beer, a watermelon wheat. I was suspicious (watermelon??), but it's really tasty! http://www.21st-amendment.com/ Arla
                  I don't even like watermelon all that much, but it sounds kinda good. And it comes in cans, which is actually nice--nothing better for throwing in a cooler and being able to drink at the beach with no need for a bottle opener or risk of broken glass. Hmmm...I don't know how to find out what races have beer. That might make for a good thread out on the general boards. I know the Grand Rapids Marathon has beer at the finish and I've heard that somewhere in the second half they also have it, but I've never run the full there...yet.

~ Sarah Kay

On On

Zoom Zoom, congrats on your finish today. I hope you were pleased with your time. I looked at your results and you did awesome. You need to go find the hash now that your racist lifestyle is behind you.