Drinkers with a Running Problem

Beers we don't like (Read 758 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Arbor Brewing Olde Number 22 dark ale.  Bitter and tastes like liquid smoke.  Gross.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Leinie's Berry Weiss, of course.  Worst. "beer". ever.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Leinie's Berry Weiss, of course.  Worst. "beer". ever.

+1

Former runner

Light beer. (or anything where they list the calories in the name)

Ross

On On

Light beers rarely have flavor so they rank right up there on the beers I don't like.

Rauch beers (or smoked) are not on my favorite list either.  Only one I ever liked was in a tiny little brewery pub in Bamberg Germany where they made it fresh.  My sister was living there while her husband was station in Germany for the Army.

Scottish Ales - some I hate, some I like. 

Pete's Wicked Ale.   I think it is wicked...and I mean that in a bad way! 

I like some stronger beers, but there was something about this one that made me not even finish it!! 

Michelle

Ostrich runner

Yeungling.  I've had the stuff since I was a kid and it pains me to see people pretend it's good.  Shit tastes like soap.

+1 on the Petes.

Crap, the other one is escaping me...it's been marketed at places that sell micros pretty heavily the last year or so...

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Yeungling.  I've had the stuff since I was a kid and it pains me to see people pretend it's good.  Shit tastes like soap.

I don't know about that.  As far as mass produced domestics go there aren't many better, IMO.

I've become fussier with the beer I drink in recent years.  I don't consider it snobbish, but moreso when I drink it I like to taste it.  And it's fun trying out different stuff.

All that said I just don't like real hoppy beers in general.  I like a hoppy beer, but subtlety does it for me.  When the hops just push all of the other flavors out of the way, err not so much.

Not at it at all. 

Any beer that tastes like perfume.   I had a French beer once, called Pectar, and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Smithwick's.  WTF...why do people like that?

I'm another one who finds that Scotch Ales are either awesome or totally rank.  There is no in-between.

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

While we are at it, Guinness Draught.  I don't get all of the hoopla.  I've only had the cans, but it's not that great.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

While we are at it, Guinness Draught.  I don't get all of the hoopla.  I've only had the cans, but it's not that great.

We probably won't ever agree on anything. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

We probably won't ever agree on anything. 

That's OK.  The great thing about beer is that there is one for every person, and it's not always the same one.

Not at it at all. 

I had my first Guinness while I was in Ireland.  It was awesome!  Got back home, went to a bar, ordered a Guinness and was sad.  Not quite the same. 

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had my first Guinness while I was in Ireland.  It was awesome!  Got back home, went to a bar, ordered a Guinness and was sad.  Not quite the same. 

It's not the same.  I was told that the Guinness outside of Ireland is not the same served in Ireland and that the Guinness in the US is not the same that is served anywhere in Ireland or the UK.  Has to do with import laws.  I think pretty much all imported British/Irish beers/ciders are formulated differently for export to the US.  Sad.  Derek and I have been trying for years to duplicate a snakebite black (half pint hard cider, half pint lager, shot of blackcurrant liquor), but all of the ciders easily available are too sweet and creme de cassis seems much sweeter and less tart than the blackcurrant, so we can't get the taste or color right.

~ Sarah Kay