Drinkers with a Running Problem

I blame you... (Read 409 times)

(Kirsten!) Tonight I was putting the rest of my beer in the fridge and as I looked at those little blue cans I just felt so cheated. NOW I want more. I want to go out and buy "better" beer for my fridge. Miller Lite just isn't cutting it. Pam, you'll have to take part of that blame too you know. You're the one who first got me to be daring and to try that New Castle after running Charlie Horse. Crap. Now what? I'll make my husband look bad if I go and stock my side of the beer drawer with "fancy" beer...that's not a light like his (Lager light). Just wanted to vent. Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I read through some of this today before joining. Michelle- I am big blue (ML) lover... don't stray... be strong. I can't believe this comment from you... "Miller Lite just isn't cutting it." That is Blasphemy.
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
          Michelle, you've seen the light. Dare to like beer with some flavor. We'll work on Alan, don't worry.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

...---...

Yes Yes...come to the light. The ales are calling you home.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Scout7

Your husband drinks Lager Light? Wow...... You NEED to shame him into buying something else.
                Is there actually a brand named Lager Light? Who makes it?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Scout7

Is there actually a brand named Lager Light? Who makes it?
                  You're not from PA, sorry. It's Yuengling Light Lager.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

4 words: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 3 more: Newcastle Brown Ale

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

4 words: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 3 more: Newcastle Brown Ale
                      1 word: YUM!!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I read through some of this today before joining. Michelle- I am big blue (ML) lover... don't stray... be strong. I can't believe this comment from you... "Miller Lite just isn't cutting it." That is Blasphemy.
                        Hey, I'm just trying to help my image amongst the "real" beer drinkers. Oh, was that a form of Blasphemy too? Opps, I'll work on that. I have about 9 cans of ML left. I'm thinking my next case will be something daring. It can't be too drastic of a change though. I would hate to have the game be over in two beers if a mean game of drinking Yahtzee or Battleship were to come about. Miller Lite is awesome for appearing to be the "winner" in drinking games. Big grin Hmmmm. I'll have to give this some thought. As for "Mistersippi"- he's never gonna budge on his taste. The only thing I can say for him is that once a year (Christmas) he gets a case of Killians Irish Red- he views that as his reward in life (aside from the ultimate reward if the Eagles ever win the Super Bowl again.)

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Light beer is a crime against humanity Dead

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Hey Michelle, Use the remaining ML for cooking with.If you want to be daring, being the Philly girl that you are, try anything from Yards breweries. Good quality, very tasty local brews.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

being the Philly girl that you are
                              Ha. There's a thought. Me, a "Philly" girl. I went to the distributor tonight and looked at all the different kinds of beer. I was going to buy a case of New Castle till I saw the price. $31!!!! I need to let that idea simmer for a while. I still have enough beer for this weekend - maybe by next weekend I'll get up the courage to spend that much on a case of beer. Not to be cheap but $30 can buy a fair amount of groceries, or a race entry fee or two. Big grin Who am I kidding, I'll buy NC next week - thinking about it all week long will only add to my determination.

Michelle

$25-30 a case is about my tops for quality drinking beer (today, I picked up a case of Bell's Two Hearted Ale: $28.) Money spent on quality beer is money well spent, I always say. You can always trim $ elsewhere. With tax, your $31 case is @ $1.40 a bottle. I relative bargain, I would posit (or prosit, if you will.) Consider: A bottle of soda (which I don't drink) is probably more. And don't get me started on bottled water. Or overpriced coffee (last year, I all but quit buying it out, put my $$ in a jar, and funded eating/drinking etc. on a fishing trip.) Or justify it this way: Even crap beer costs a lot at a bar. You pay for quality. And when you rationalize it as I have, it ain't too costly. But I do need to get back to homebrewing.