Drinkers with a Running Problem

In LOVE with an IPA (Read 690 times)

Just went on a miserable 3.5 mile trail run (new trail and lots of horse-shoe ruts, ugh!).  On the way home I go by a great liquor store to stock up on beer.  Sitting here, logging my run and sipping on my new FAVORITE IPA.......ODell Brewing Co. (Ft. Collins, CO).  God, I love this shit..........I just can't spot.......I mean stop!!!!

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

All business

I'm going to keep an eye out for these guys, they look like they've got some good stuff.  Good luck in the HM this Sunday (if you're still running it), hopefully you'll make it down to the Odell brewery while in Colorado.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

If you get to Fort Collins, you must go to Odell's.  Although I am not as big a fan, the other MUST SEE there is New Belgium Brewing Co.  They have an AMAZING brewery where they use less water than other breweries, they recycle spent grains (feed), and they even have a wastewater treatment plant out back that produces power through methane production.  SUPER, SUPER sustainable thing going on at New Belgium.  If you go there, get a La Follie (sour brown ale).......will knock your socks off.

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you go there, get a La Follie (sour brown ale).......will knock your socks off.

That sounds REALLY tasty!  A local microbrewery does something that sounds similar and I really like it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

After a stretch of work and life I am thrilled to have this Memorial Day weekend off. Celebrating now!

Magic Hat Blind Faith IPA from a summer variety pack.

Go to fullsize image  FWIW  ABV 6.2 Bitterness 60 Apollo and Cascade Hops

Hell, it just tastes good

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

La Folie is a NB Lips of Faith beer.  This is their premium/experimental line.  They have a number of seasonals that come through this line.  Most recently was La Terroir, which is even more sour than Follie, and a Dunkel Weiss.  The DW was not a classic for that style, but it was quite scrumptious.  I really like their sours, and Folie and Terroir are really fantastic gueuze styled beers.  The Folie comes out every year, and has the year on the bottle.  It benefits with some age.  It is also somewhat pricey @ $16.99/22 oz bottle.  But it is tasty.

Coming up in the next week from Lips of Faith is Abbey Grand Cru and Super Cru.  The AGC is a periodic brew of theirs that gets excellent reviews.  It is an Abbey style (duh!).  The SC is a one-time offering to celebrate their 20th anniversary, and is made with malts and pear juice.  So far, it has gotten pretty pitiful reviews on BeerAdvocate.

The Lips line also has all sorts of other cool brews that mix in different spices and herbs.  New Belgium Brewery makes me happy!

Former runner

Most recently was La Terroir, which is even more sour than Follie,

I sampled the La Terroir before buying a couple bottles and it wasn't that sour. The last time I had La Follie I remember it being one of the most sour I've ever tried. Either way Lips of Faith = good stuff.

Ross

Prince of Fatness

I was down in SC earlier this year and was able to pick up some La Folie.  I had one of the bottles and it was sour.  Admittedly though, I haven't had many sour beers.  I have a couple more bottles and am going to age them to see what that does.

Speaking of New Belgium and back on track with the original post I had a NB Ranger IPA last night and it was very tasty.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I sampled the La Terroir before buying a couple bottles and it wasn't that sour.

Hmm.  You made me go back and look.  A lot of online reviews talk about the sour.  I wonder if your bottle was an outlier.  The one I had made me pucker.

Phin, you can check out any Belgian Geueze and get a similar taste.

Former runner

Speaking of IPAs. Anyone try the Sam Adams Latitude 48 deconstructed pack? It's a 12 pack with 2 bottles each of the Latitude 48 IPA and 5 versions with a single hop. The 5 hops are Ahtanum, East Kent Goldings, Hallertau Mittlefrueh, Simcoe, and Zeus. It's an interesting concept to try each specific hop by itself. I'm starting with the Hallertau version tonight.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Speaking of IPAs. Anyone try the Sam Adams Latitude 48 deconstructed pack? It's a 12 pack with 2 bottles each of the Latitude 48 IPA and 5 versions with a single hop. The 5 hops are Ahtanum, East Kent Goldings, Hallertau Mittlefrueh, Simcoe, and Zeus. It's an interesting concept to try each specific hop by itself. I'm starting with the Hallertau version tonight.

THAT is interesting.  SA no longer really impresses me that often, but that sounds interesting.  I will have to check it out.

Former runner

I had some La Follie on tap last night that wasn't as sour as the bottle's I've had in the past. It would have been interesting to compare it to a bottle conditioned version side by side.

Also had some Founders KBS on tap followed by a Devil Dancer. Was a good night. Even with 10 oz. pours.

Ross

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Celebrating a great running day with a mojo from Boulder Beer Co.

Then I will be getting ready for some Monkey business!!!

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Celebrating good test grades with Founders Centennial IPA.  Smile

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

Prince of Fatness

A few good IPA's that I have tasted in the last several months....

Russian River Blind Pig (Alas, I was on vacation and cannot get it where I live)

New Belgium Ranger

Victory Hop Devil

Troegs Scratch #45 (Experimental batch)

MTA:  I almost forgot about the Dogfish Head 90 Minute that I had last weekend.

Not at it at all.