Drinkers with a Running Problem

Sun King (Read 164 times)

Feeling the growl again

Well 3 of you have opted in, and I can get 4, so I can do that.

$25 per 2-pack.  Wow, I think that is the highest yet.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

$25 per 2-pack.  Wow, I think that is the highest yet.

That is pretty pricey.

A newsletter that I received from Sun King that talks about the beer and their rationale for the pricing.

http://view.s6.exacttarget.com/?j=feb9107672630d78&m=fe9813707567047b72&ls=fe29157371620674711c71&l=ff021770766007&s=fe5d17777464027a7d16&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe911d777166047d7d&r=0

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Yeah I was going to mention some of the stuff that is in the article. They're making money on this but I doubt that it is as much as most people would think. And like they said you get a liter sealed in two units. 750ml would be $18 and change, not out of line for a barrel aged bomber.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

True. The Upland bombers are $25 and you get less than 2 pints.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah I was going to mention some of the stuff that is in the article. They're making money on this but I doubt that it is as much as most people would think. And like they said you get a liter sealed in two units. 750ml would be $18 and change, not out of line for a barrel aged bomber.

Well you don't need to worry, if we kept track I'm sure I would owe you.  WhoDat too for that matter.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Well you don't need to worry, if we kept track I'm sure I would owe you.  WhoDat too for that matter.

Score keeping would take the fun out of it.  I see what comes my way and guesstimate what I need to send back.  It is easier for me because I am only one and you are three.  I don't even want to know how you guys pool everything together.

Also don't count the stuff that I left when I came out there.  That was room and board.  As far as I am concerned what I have sent and received from Indy is close enough so no worries at all.

That said thanks for taking one for the team with this latest SK release.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I always consider $1/oz as a cutoff for a high priced beer. So we balk at a $9 12oz bottle, but would not as easily balk at a $25 25 oz bottle (such as Upland) and many pay $30+ for a 22 oz bottle...

Prince of Fatness

I always consider $1/oz as a cutoff for a high priced beer. So we balk at a $9 12oz bottle, but would not as easily balk at a $25 25 oz bottle (such as Upland) and many pay $30+ for a 22 oz bottle...

I really don't have a cutoff.  I decide at the time whether I want to pay the price.  I have paid over $15 for a 375ml bottle and also balked at a $20 22oz bottle.  Lots of variables go into it as far as I am concerned.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I really don't have a cutoff.  I decide at the time whether I want to pay the price.  I have paid over $15 for a 375ml bottle and also balked at a $20 22oz bottle.  Lots of variables go into it as far as I am concerned.

Yup, that's pretty much my take.  If I haven't bought a lot of beer lately, I'm willing to pay more.  If I've spent a fair amount on beer, I am less likely to pop for expensive stuff.  The Upland was at the far extreme of what I was willing to try and as I've concluded I am not a sour person, I'm just a lottery ticket for someone else now.

Tracking would take the fun out of it, cash value is not what I get out of it.

Feeling the growl again

Linky to interview with founder.  I got a chuckle that he has a BA in Rhetoric.  Have to admit I'm jealous, he was younger starting Sun King than I am.  How I'd love to stick it to da man and start a winery/craft brewery.

Feeling the growl again

Feck.  This had better be some special stuff.  Double the price and double the PIA to obtain compared to any other release I've attended.  But I did pick up some Fistful of Hops Red (Finn) and a growler of Starfish Offensive Oatmeal Stout for my post-marathon victory dance (or in which to drown my sorrows, which is more likely).

Bourbon Barrel Batch 666: Sympathy for the Devil is a Belgian-Style Black Ale loaded with chocolate, roasted walnut, cherry, and banana flavors nestled inside hints of vanilla and oak from barrel aging.

Prince of Fatness

Feck.  This had better be some special stuff.  Double the price and double the PIA to obtain compared to any other release I've attended.  But I did pick up some Fistful of Hops Red (Finn) and a growler of Starfish Offensive Oatmeal Stout for my post-marathon victory dance (or in which to drown my sorrows, which is more likely).

You're a good egg spaniel.  Thanks!

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

his pickled eggs rock too

Feeling the growl again

his pickled eggs rock too

Too bad I can't make Monkey.  Next time that will be my dish to pass.  Smile

Prince of Fatness

Also just to make you feel better, Weyerbacher has a new beer in their Brewer's Select Series coming out tomorrow and I will be stopping in to pick some up.  You will be sure to taste it.  Don't think I will be enduring the crowds that you dealt with tho, and I will get a sample or two.

We're releasing the newest brew from our Brewers' Select series...Cassiopeia! Cassiopeia is an American barleywine with chocolate and orange notes, with a hint of vanilla bean. Doesn't that sound tasty? Cassiopeia will be available in 12 oz. bottles (exclusively at the Visitors Center) and growler fills.

Not at it at all.