Drinkers with a Running Problem

Sun King (Read 164 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, so bullshit. I just opened mine, nothing but sour fruit. This beer is infected. Looks like others have had problems too. For what you paid, I'd complain next time you are there.

Smelled of chocolate tho...

http://www.sunkingbrewing.com/whip-fight.html

??

Feeling the growl again

That sucks.  I've been trying to age my bourbon barrel aged ones hoping for better balance (the Hot Rod Lincoln had a lot of potential but I opened mine a couple weeks after getting it and the bourbon was still too front).  I put my Whip Fight in the fridge and will drink it soon to confirm.  If it's soured I'm definitely going to say something.

Yeah, so bullshit. I just opened mine, nothing but sour fruit. This beer is infected. Looks like others have had problems too. For what you paid, I'd complain next time you are there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just tweeted at em as well, looks like others had the problem

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've seen a couple of comments about infected Whip Fight as well. I drank mine on Jan 1. I noted a bit of tartness, but thought it was pretty freaking good. I may have gotten lucky and drank it before it went over the edge.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Hmmm. I just put mine in the fridge. Will have it this weekend. Browsed through the untappd check ins and seeing other comments about it being infected.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just tweeted at em as well, looks like others had the problem

"Hey there. Please email beth@sunkingbrewing.com She will take care of you in more than 140 characters! We appreciate you contacting us."

Feeling the growl again

I see nothing in the description which would make me expect a sour taste.  Yup, it's there.  Not full-out sour like Hopped Up on Bret, but it's definitely there, a sour/overly sweet flavor that totally overpowers any bourbon in there.

Furthermore, it turns out that I kept TWO of them and drank one on 9/18/14 and gave it 4.5 stars.  I did not recall this so tonight's taste was unbiased by my former experience.  I only know due to Untappd.

Clearly, this beer has deteriorated due to (likely) bret infection.

Given what I paid I'm going to mention it next time I am in there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Bummer. I'll drink mine Friday and report back.  Curious as what their response will be. Seems not to be an isolated incident.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Still waiting on the response. Hopped up on Brett is not sour but it is funky. This has more of a bacterial sourness in my opinion. I've seen lots of other reviews confirming that this was sour

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lonesome Dove on the other hand, this baby has held up nicely.

Very nicely!

Feeling the growl again

Lonesome Dove on the other hand, this baby has held up nicely.

Very nicely!

I am glad your beer bitch standing in line had his time legitimized.  Wink

Yeah that was a good one.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Really enjoying it. The beer has a very slight sour/funky edge to it, but mostly it is malty bourbon vanilla. Really nice!

Prince of Fatness

Bummer. I'll drink mine Friday and report back.  Curious as what their response will be. Seems not to be an isolated incident.

Yup. Definitely has a sour tinge to it.  As Trent says the sour is not a funky sour. That I might actually enjoy. Add this one to the list spaniel.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yup. Definitely has a sour tinge to it.  As Trent says the sour is not a funky sour. That I might actually enjoy. Add this one to the list spaniel.

Oh well.

Batch 666 Sympathy for the Devil was certainly tasty.  It could have used another 6 months of age but all this had me scared to risk it.

Prince of Fatness

Oh well.

Batch 666 Sympathy for the Devil was certainly tasty.  It could have used another 6 months of age but all this had me scared to risk it.

Just checked and I have one of those and a port wee Mac to get to. All of the other Kings Reserve stuff has been good so I am not in a hurry.

Are you going to complain to SK?  You should for what you paid.

Not at it at all.