Drinkers with a Running Problem

I like cheap wine and I cannot lie... (Read 631 times)

Needs more cowbell!

I just hope this doesn't give me a headache:

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Top 'O the World!

cheap doesn't necessarily mean "bad" ....& our local warehouse wine seller always has a "clearance bin" where you can get a $50 bottle for say, 19.95...
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

The voice of mile 18

how'd it go?
        4/18 Rutgers Half Marathon 7/20 Antrhacite Olympic Tri 9/25 chesapeakeman Ultra distance Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy http://community.active.com/people/Joe_h1/blog

Needs more cowbell!

I am really loving the Barefoot wines, particularly the pinot grigio and riesling.  I have found the pinot in mini bottles, which is especially nice if I just want a generous serving and not half a bottle.  Barefoot wines are really cheap and really good.

'14 Goals:

Queen of 3rd Place

Barefoot does good stuff for the money!

But a riesling can have high residual sugar, and those kinds of wine tend to make me a little headachey. Maybe iz jus' me.

Having a smokey scotch at the moment. 'night!

2013 Valley Runner of the Year Series: Feb 16 5K (4 points out of 10) ... Mar 2 10K (20/30)... Mar 16 4Mi (21/30) ... Apr 6 10K (DNS) ... Apr 21 2Mi (5/10) ... May 11 5Mi (21/30)... Jun 8 1Mi (13/20) ... Jun 16 6Mi (22/30) ... Sep 28 10K (14/20) ... Oct 5 5K (7/10) ...Oct 12 5Mi (16/20) ... Oct 20 5K (0/10) = 3rd Place, Women's Senior Division

Needs more cowbell!

But a riesling can have high residual sugar, and those kinds of wine tend to make me a little headachey. Maybe iz jus' me.

I don't like sweet rieslings...partly because of that.  Hubby has one he likes that ALWAYS gives me a headache.  The barefoot one is pretty dry.  I like Blue Fish's dry riesling, too.

'14 Goals:

Ostrich runner

Those are just fine.  Try some of the Fisheye wines in the box...some aren't too bad, especially if you just need a blast.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Needs more cowbell!

Those are just fine.  Try some of the Fisheye wines in the box...some aren't too bad, especially if you just need a blast.

My favorite box wine is the Hardy's Stamp of Australia Riesling.  I should buy that, again.  The mini bottles of Barefoot are nice, but relatively expensive.

'14 Goals:

Needs more cowbell!

This is REALLY good:

Admittedly, I bought it for the cute label, but the contents of the bottle are excellent.  I think retail was $10, but it was on sale for $8.  Yum!

'14 Goals: