- Sunking Brewing Company - Indianapolis, IN

- Flat12 Bierworks - Indianapolis, IN

- Upland Brewing - Indianapolis, IN

- Three Floyds - Munster, IN

- Minhas Craft Brewery - Monroe, WI

- New Glarus - New Glarus, WI

- Leinenkugel's - Chippewa Falls, WI

- Fitgers Brewhouse - Duluth, MN

- Surly Brewing Company (no open tasting room, cans obtained tho)

- Fulton Beer Company

- South Shore Brewery - Ashland, WI ✓ (visit, but no drinking Sad)

- Hereford and Hops Brewpub - Escanaba, MI

- Founders Brewing Company - Grand Rapids, MI

- New Holland Brewing - Holland, MI (gotta skip this one, but will then will have better chance of others)

- Bells Brewery - Kalamazoo, MII

- Arcadia Brewing Company Battle Creek, MII

- Dark Horse Brewing Company Marshall, MI

- Great Lakes Brewing Company - Cleveland, OH

- Thirsty Dog Brewing Company - Akron, OH

- Flying Dog - Rockville, MD (There is no tasting room or restaurant, WTF???)

- Dogfishhead Alehouse - Gaithersburg, MD

- Port City Brewing Company - Alexandria, VA

- Starr Hill Brewery - Clozet, VA

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

From Cleveland, I will then be driving to DC, then Roanoke, then Nashville. I will not have much time during this portion of the trip, but am open to suggestions you might have...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Not sure how far you are willing to deviate from the direct route on the way to DC, but there is Troegs in Hershey, PA.  They just moved there from Harrisburg (I went there before they moved).  Can't go wrong with them.  If you want to stay more on track there is Flying Dog in Frederick, MD.  I have not been to that brewery but they brew some decent beer.

Of course if you really want to go off track you can come visit me and I will take you to Weyerbacher.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dog. Yes. Indeed!

Thirsty Dog in Akron is also a good option, if the timing works/

Prince of Fatness

There is also Erie Brewing Co in Erie, PA which may be a little out of your way.  Haven't had much from them but I remember liking their Railbender Ale.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yah, I know them. But I think Erie may be out of the way. Even Troegs may be too.

Feeling the growl again

Dude, coming through Indy and not so much as a PM?  I am insulted.  Wink

Why not add Sun King to the list on your way through Indy?  There are a couple more local brewhouses worth a stop but I would put Sun King on the top of the list.  It's good enough that their Cream Ale is likely to be in my kegerator for the Beer Mile.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Smile

I'm hoping to see you in July, but have yet to get my June travel dates. You and Norm may yet hear from me.  As for breweries, I'll be with the whole fam then I think, so I only get to chose one brewery in Indy. That'd be Upland Smile

Feeling the growl again

Smile

I'm hoping to see you in July, but have yet to get my June travel dates. You and Norm may yet hear from me.  As for breweries, I'll be with the whole fam then I think, so I only get to chose one brewery in Indy. That'd be Upland Smile

You'll be one ahead of me then...I have not been to any of them in 5 years here (boo hiss yes yes I know, I know).

Let us know how both trips work out for you.  Dang, I still need to find something to drink for the actual beer mile event...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Upland, huh?   Hmm, it appears as though that brewery is close to the beer mile location.  If I come out for that I may have to stop in there.  Trent, let me know how you like that brewery.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have had many of their beers. Some of the best and most interesting sours in the US, and possibly the world. They make a kiwi and a persimmon lambic that are supposed to be out of this world good, but I have not had them yet. So yeah, plan a visit to Upland.

Had a Gilgamesh the other day, and you will be getting one soon from the beer fairy I think. It was awesome! Had a Helios last night, and it was tasty as well.

Prince of Fatness

I know that there is a Bad Elmers in my basement.

Not at it at all. 

Former runner

I only get to chose one brewery in Indy. That'd be Upland Smile

FYI the Upland brewery is in Bloomington. Their tasting room is in Indy. If you want to visit a brewery in Indy I'd second that Sun King recommendation. The barrel room at Sun King is not to be missed.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, and Sunking makes some good brew. I get that Upland is in Bloomington, but they have loads of Indy-only specials. And I've wanted to hit them for some time now. Only first met Sunking about a month or so ago.

So many breweries, so little time.