Drinkers with a Running Problem

Road Trip (Read 534 times)

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, and Sunking makes some good brew. I get that Upland is in Bloomington, but they have loads of Indy-only specials. And I've wanted to hit them for some time now. Only first met Sunking about a month or so ago.

So many breweries, so little time.

The nice thing about Sun King is that they have been very aggressive about getting their beer in local bars, so even though I have never managed to get there (and I work ~1.5 miles from it) it's easy to find.  We have 3 varieties on tap at work, in fact.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One of the key goals of the road trip is to stock up on bottles/cans to take home with me and enjoy after the trip. Smile

You know what that means, of course...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Looks like Upland and Sunking are only 5 miles apart, and both close to I65...hmmm...

I also need to hit 3Floyds in Munster that day tho.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Looking like Indy Upland and maybe Sunking, midday June 8 or 9...

Feeling the growl again

Looking like Indy Upland and maybe Sunking, midday June 8 or 9...

Nice.  If truly midday let me know...if interested I MAY be able to get away for lunch.  MAYBE.  That's a busy week for me.

On a Sun King note, we HAD them on tap at work.  It's a new bar setup.  I met someone there for a beer after work today and noticed they now had Upland on tap but not Sun King (which was ok, I like variety).  Scuttlebutt was they were having problems with the kegs and getting the beer to pour right, and Sun King said something to the effect of "If you can't figure out how to serve our beer right then we don't want you serving it at all."  Sorry to see them go but I see their point.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I'm disgruntled that you are only hitting one Twin Cities brewery...  Fulton at least should make the cut.  You should coordinate and meet up with me, Bendice, and some of the Minnesota Running Wild lushes for a few brews.

Just sayin'...

"I aim to misbehave."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For Twin Cities, I am totally open to hitting numerous breweries. I will be there with my family on Father's Day Sunday, the day after grandma's Marathon. I a would love to hang with as many people who want to hang too. I only listed one, because that is the only one I know. however I have since received several suggestions as to other ones to visit. I may even come in Saturday evening after the marathon, which would give me more time to visit them :-)
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In fact, I believe you already suggested Fulton and Harriet elsewhere Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Founders, New Holland (across the street from the retailer that seems to have a direct connection to our bank account), Bells...you'd better add Brewery Vivant (in GR) to that there list, mister!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Former runner

Speaking of maps. Here is a map for Indiana that lists breweries, pubs, liquor stores and homebrew stores.

Might come in handy for anyone planning a trip.

** Ignore the green flags on Sundays.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Founders, New Holland (across the street from the retailer that seems to have a direct connection to our bank account), Bells...you'd better add Brewery Vivant (in GR) to that there list, mister!

Heh.

Michigan is already getting fairly overwhelmed. I'll have wife and 4 year old in tow... And one day to get them all before headed to Cleveland.

I won't be driving that day.

Prince of Fatness

Speaking of maps. Here is a map for Indiana that lists breweries, pubs, liquor stores and homebrew stores.

Might come in handy for anyone planning a trip.

** Ignore the green flags on Sundays.

I am likely planning a trip and this definitely will come in handy.  Thanks!

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Alright. First stop(s).

Friday, June 8 -

- Sunking (~11am-12)

- Upland (to follow)

- lunch (neither breweries above allow kiddos, so I'll have to feed the brood after; I'll be focused on tasting, buying and leaving alas)

- Three Floyds (~4pm)

Spaniel and CR plan to join for Sunking and Upland. Anybody else?

Prince of Fatness

Let me know what you think about these places.  I am contemplating visiting one or two but depending on time may need to skip them and just hit a beer store that has everything that I will be looking to buy.  I may be able to hit the beer store then maybe go to one brewery for tasting.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Let me know what you think about these places.  I am contemplating visiting one or two but depending on time may need to skip them and just hit a beer store that has everything that I will be looking to buy.  I may be able to hit the beer store then maybe go to one brewery for tasting.

Sun King should be living in my garage for you...at least one of the brews.  That will be decided on Friday.