Drinkers with a Running Problem

Road Trip (Read 534 times)

Prince of Fatness

Sun King should be living in my garage for you...at least one of the brews.  That will be decided on Friday.

Yeah but just one variety (granted, lots of it).  It really depends on when I arrive, and what you are up to Friday.  Hopefully I will be in town early afternoon.  Depends on how far I get Thursday in the evening.  I am hoping to at least make it into Ohio.

I'm definitely interested in bringing home some beer that I can't get at home but don't think that I'll have time to hit several breweries.  I'm thinking of hitting the beer store that CR recommended, then maybe hit a brewery tasting room (Sun King or Upland I would guess).

And BTW this weekend I will start working on gathering your lodging fee, heh.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yeah but just one variety (granted, lots of it).  It really depends on when I arrive, and what you are up to Friday.  Hopefully I will be in town early afternoon.  Depends on how far I get Thursday in the evening.  I am hoping to at least make it into Ohio.

I'm definitely interested in bringing home some beer that I can't get at home but don't think that I'll have time to hit several breweries.  I'm thinking of hitting the beer store that CR recommended, then maybe hit a brewery tasting room (Sun King or Upland I would guess).

And BTW this weekend I will start working on gathering your lodging fee, heh.

I will likely be trying to get out early Friday so we can drink beer.  After all we will have to cut ourselves off around noon on Saturday in order to do the race.

Hard to say.  Right now it seems like the rat race will never let me catch up.   But sometimes you just have to let the rats run and drink beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I will likely be trying to get out early Friday so we can drink beer.  After all we will have to cut ourselves off around noon on Saturday in order to do the race.

Hard to say.  Right now it seems like the rat race will never let me catch up.   But sometimes you just have to let the rats run and drink beer.

As long as I have your address I can park my car and wait for you at your place.  I'll have a few beers on ice so no worries.  Just tell your family that it is OK if they see an old man cracking open a beer in your driveway.  I don't want to get shot.

Not at it at all. 

Former runner

Alright. First stop(s).

Friday, June 8 -

- Sunking (~11am-12)

- Upland (to follow)

- lunch (neither breweries above allow kiddos, so I'll have to feed the brood after; I'll be focused on tasting, buying and leaving alas)

- Three Floyds (~4pm)

Spaniel and CR plan to join for Sunking and Upland. Anybody else?

I'll be heading to the north side of Indy Fri but it won't be until the evening.

Let me know when you'll be passing through the northern corner of the state. I've got a client not too far from the toll road. Looks like I'll be there the next couple of weeks. I could lob some Mad Anthony beers at you as you pass through the area.

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Camera, Munster IN, hoping around 4pm. Friday. Does that work?

Smile

Feeling the growl again

As long as I have your address I can park my car and wait for you at your place.  I'll have a few beers on ice so no worries.  Just tell your family that it is OK if they see an old man cracking open a beer in your driveway.  I don't want to get shot.

Hell, the wife will bring you a cold one if she is not working.  Bring a bag of marshmallows or utilize the tennis ball launcher in the corner of the back porch and the dog will love you.  Just don't try to pet him before either giving him a marshmallow or throwing tennis balls, as he is a lady's man and until he knows you are friend he will guard his women.

No worries.  We like to shoot but that is a whole lot different than trigger happy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Former runner

Oops. When I said northern I meant NE. Looking at your map, you'll be passing through that part of the state from Michigan on your way to Ohio. Wasn't sure what day that would be. Some days I'm not too far from that I-69/Toll Road interchange.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy a stop at Three Floyds on Friday. Smile

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Am I doing this right?

For Twin Cities, I am totally open to hitting numerous breweries. I will be there with my family on Father's Day Sunday, the day after grandma's Marathon. I a would love to hang with as many people who want to hang too. I only listed one, because that is the only one I know. however I have since received several suggestions as to other ones to visit. I may even come in Saturday evening after the marathon, which would give me more time to visit them :-)

Surly

I've never actually been there.  However, anytime I hear of an acquaintance going to the Twin Cities I beg them to bring me some Surly back.

No excuses....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep. It is on the original list. Big grin

Am I doing this right?

No excuses....

Am I doing this right?

Yep. It is on the original list. Big grin

I read kinda how I run:  Real slow and not very well.  Wink

No excuses....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

- Sunking Brewing Company - Indianapolis, IN

- Flat12 Bierworks - Indianapolis, IN

- Upland Brewing - Indianapolis, IN

- Three Floyds - Munster, IN

Done.

- 3 tastes at Sunking

- 9 tastes and 1 full pour pour at Flat12

- 6 big tastes at Upland

- 1 full pint at Three Floyds

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

- Minhas Craft Brewery - Monroe, WI

- New Glarus - New Glarus, WI

Done!

- 1 full pour at Minhas (meh)

- 2 full pints at New Glarus (nice!)

Prince of Fatness

I was expecting more in the way of pictures.

Not at it at all.