Drinkers with a Running Problem

Road Trip (Read 534 times)

Prince of Fatness

So far, a good day. Hit each of these, as hoped and planned, but first hit this place for bottles. Holy shit. Got some 70 bottles, all uniques (beer streak!!!!!!), and many Michigan beers I cannot get elsewhere. Worth a trip just for this place. Dude.

Damn!  Dude that Founders Rye sounds real good.  Nice pics.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, it was a powerhouse of a beer. I really did not know what it was when I ordered it, but have heard its name before a something to be sought after doing some Google research while sitting there drinking it, I turned up almost nothing. since then I have figured it out and am really happy that I got to drink it.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

- Great Lakes Brewing Company - Cleveland, OH

Made it. Went for a bottle of the Shift Beer they make. Nice, though a bit high ABV for what ought to be a sessionable brew.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

- Thirsty Dog Brewing Company - Akron, OH

- Flying Dog - Rockville, MD (There is no tasting room or restaurant, WTF???)

So this morning, I thought to call Thirsty Dog to see what is up with their taproom and retail sales.  Turns out that the sales are out of the Taproom, and neither open until this evening. I mentioned on the phone that I was driving through town and would not be there that evening. "Hang on", she says. So she tells me just to come in anyway. She helped me pick out bottles and showed me around the Taproom. Bam! Good people there!

Flying Dog, on the other hand, meh. No Taproom. No onsite sales. No restaurant. Nada. The only way to get beer there is to join a 2 hour tour, which sells out long in advance. Eh. Never mind. Maybe I'll grab a few bottles at a bottle shop or something.

Wondering about the Dogfishhead Taproom in Gaithersburg tomorrow, with IRunForBeer.

Prince of Fatness

Nice to hear that about Thirsty Dog.  Sad to hear that about Flying Dog.  Would have been worth going to Troegs or Stoudts or Lancaster or Appalachian.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, it would have. But they are all a bit too far east, and that would have tried Mrs. Monkey's patience. But I have sure scored well nonetheless, and the trip is not yet over. Now considering Starr Hill on the way back home...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

- Flying Dog - Rockville, MD (There is no tasting room or restaurant, WTF???)

- Dogfishhead Alehouse - Gaithersburg, MD

Picked up some Fying Dog singles at Gilly's. Dude. A touch pricey, but what a great bottle shop. Beer and wine to drink and purchase, singles and packs. Nice! Drank a pint of Mischief by The Bruery onsite while they packaged up my bottles. Dude, fine stuff. Picked up my Flying Dog here, a mixed six pack (actually an 8 pack).

Then on to DFH, where I enjoyed a Shelter Pale, followed by a Noble Rot.

Nice!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

- Port City Brewing Company - Alexandria, VA

- Starr Hill Brewery - Clozet, VA

Bam. It is done. I think. Port City, like Laughing Dog, opened up for me to come in and see and buy. Good people there. Bought me some IPA.

Then Starr Hill, a last minute addition, right along the way. Had to detour off fo I95 due to TWE (The Worst Traffic Ever) and cut cross country. The cross-country trip took us right by the brewery. 99 degrees outside, 91 inside with some low ABV tastings, but happy to be there! Pic of their amber, which is a very drinkable, malty amber. Tasty.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Home. 3299 miles. Or so. Thought about stopping by Yazoo before going to the house.

From the car, I unloaded 12 case-sized boxes of beer.

My personal take: 23 bombers, 109 unique 12 oz bottles, 40 cans in 19 styles. Or so. ~150 unique beers to drink.

Plus three cases for one friend who sent me with requests, about one case for another, and about one case for a fella named Finn.

Prince of Fatness

Now that is what I call an epic voyage!

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Home. 3299 miles. Or so. Thought about stopping by Yazoo before going to the house.

From the car, I unloaded 12 case-sized boxes of beer.

My personal take: 23 bombers, 109 unique 12 oz bottles, 40 cans in 19 styles. Or so. ~150 unique beers to drink.

Plus three cases for one friend who sent me with requests, about one case for another, and about one case for a fella named Finn.

Which kid got left by the side of the road with a $50 pinned to their shirt so you could fit the brew?

Dang, nice haul!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Left two kids, not one, in Minnesota. And their baggage...

Am I doing this right?

That is awesome.  Enjoy those.  I'm unbelievably jealous.  

No excuses....

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is one helluva road trip!  We're headed to WI in a couple of weeks for a friend's wedding.  We're planning to stock-up on stuff we can't get here.  We borrowed a friend's rocket box for on top of our car.  So our bikes and beer will go safely in the car ('cause the factory rack on DH's vehicle can't do our tandem and the A/C in my car is crapping out) and our luggage in the rocket box--we have priorities!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So I really need to plan one of these beer road trips in the future.  Very nice!

"I aim to misbehave."