Drinkers with a Running Problem

Absinthe (Read 378 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love me some black jellybeans.
    Why does this not surprise me? Anything that leads to good poopin' should be popular with the Globule. Again, I have to wonder if we are somehow related.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

sooo this stuff taste like ouzo? yuck

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Much more refined tasting than ouzo, and a bit more complex.
        Purdey

Self anointed title

Absinthe makes the heart grow stronger. aka the "green fairy" beloved of Parisian artists and writers in the 19th C.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trivia: Can you name the person who played the Green Fairy in the film Moulin Rouge?

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Trivia: Can you name the person who played the Green Fairy in the film Moulin Rouge?
              Looks like the gorgeous Kylie Minogue to me?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

dingdingding...we have a winner! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

She looks good in red too.
                  Purdey

Self anointed title

Didn't she have a mastectomy?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep. Breast cancer.
                      jdmcgregor

All business

While not totally unusual, this thread got around to breasts before i got to comment, but i'm going to chime in anyway... I first had it in Prague in 2003 with some Czech dude we had met in a bar. I managed to bring a bottle back, it's called "Hills Absinth" (still have the bottle). It's not a flavor I would enjoy sipping, but when you're in your 20's backpacking around Europe, well.... There are a couple being distilled here in Portland, Oregon. Trillium, and Marteau, are two that are made in Portland, and trying to help create a buzz (pun intended!) here. I got a small taster of Trillium, but haven't drank it yet. It's pretty pricey. Also, if you're ever in Portland, there's a little bar called Secret Society that I would recommend. They have absinthe, and absinthe cocktails. Check it out, it's a cool little place.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Queen of 3rd Place

I've noticed some absinthe bars popping up here and there: http://sanfrancisco.about.com/b/2008/03/31/a-new-green-hour-in-san-francisco.htm Guess it's the trendy thing of the moment. *shrug* Sure beats those dumbass oxygen bars some years back.

Ex runner

Jazz hands!

Kylie Minogue is also POCKET SIZED. Like 4'11'' or something. And my green fairy of choice has been Nyquil lately. The other night I dreamed that I went on vacation with the family from Big Love and last night I had a weird dream somehow involving gummi bears, stealing a van, running, spying on a guy in my parking lot, the fall of Troy (turned out to be a playground), kicking my boyfriend's other girlfriend out of the house and checking the mail.
                            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And my green fairy of choice has been Nyquil lately. The other night I dreamed that I went on vacation with the family from Big Love and last night I had a weird dream somehow involving gummi bears, stealing a van, running, spying on a guy in my parking lot, the fall of Troy (turned out to be a playground), kicking my boyfriend's other girlfriend out of the house and checking the mail.
                              And here I thought *I* had the most random dreams ever... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

And here I thought *I* had the most random dreams ever... Tongue
                                It's the Nyquil. And that's with half a dose. Usually I don't remember my dreams, and if I do, they're about, like, balancing my checkbook.
                                run run run AHHHHHH run run run