Drinkers with a Running Problem

Lou/ WillRunForBeer (Read 192 times)

I didn't want to hijack the other thread (that's Zoomie's specialty Wink), but I see that you live in Frederick. I'm in Baltimore! Are you doing the Maryland Double next year? It's for the Frederick and Baltimore running festivals, and you can choose a half or marathon for each ... AND you get a big ol' third medal for doing both. (you also get a $10 discount if you register for both simultaneouly). Anyhow, if you do decide to run the Double (or just Frederick), we should meet up!
    2009: BQ?
      PDR and I will be running Boston April 21, so likely won't feel up to even a half by May 4. We might consider volunteering though as it's a good local event, and we haven't done that yet. Baltimore? We ran the half in 2005 (my first half - I started running May that year). Gee that was hilly. We'll definitely consider the half, not the full. We're trying to collect states (I only have 4 now, though, so maybe it's too early to "collect"). But if it works out it'd definitely be fun to meet another RA'er who is local.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

The Baltimore Marathon in 2005 was my first marathon! How funny Smile People laugh at me when I tell them Baltimore is hilly ... but it really is. I'm doing the half in October 2008, so let me know if you decide to do it. Congrats on the BQ --- I'm trying to get to Boston in 2009
        2009: BQ?
          So you were one of those people who probably hated when the half'ers came in all fresh at mile 13. PDR came within a minute or two of BQ'ing twice (Frederick and Vermont). She had to watch me in Chicago because she was on crutches for the longest time -- femoral neck stress fracture (yikes!). Finally she got it with a minute to spare in Hartford. Whew. She didn't want to watch me run again. Smile Best of luck with your BQ.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com