Drinkers with a Running Problem

Plans for the weekend? (Read 357 times)

So, does anyone have any party plans for the weekend? I might actually meet up with a friend of mine for drinks on Friday or Saturday night. It feels like forever since I've done that. Nothing wild and crazy, just a few at the local bar...it's within walking distance of my house (20 minute walk that is). Big grin

Michelle

Go Pre!

2 weeks to HM 1 Month to the big M I need to 'be good' Dead
        2 weeks to HM 1 Month to the big M I need to 'be good' Dead
        I'll have two beers at the bar and then guilt myself into stopping at two since I have a lot going on this weekend, and I want to get a long run in on Sunday since it's a week before Broad Street.

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

have a drink on me. 3 birthday parties and 1 holy communion. that's a lot of cake. a bunch of 5k's in my area but have a feeling I won't do any. maybe poker and a beer or 6 friday night.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

have a drink on me. 3 birthday parties and 1 holy communion. that's a lot of cake. a bunch of 5k's in my area but have a feeling I won't do any. maybe poker and a beer or 6 friday night.
            Hey! I could go for poker and beer on Friday night! No fair. I haven't played poker in months. BTW - THAT is a lot of cake! Eat up! Big grin

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

We have a big arts festival in town this weekend. Not really a drinking event, but I'll try to find a way...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I have never known anyone from Alabama...most other states I know at least one person (family or friend), or I've been there, lived there or something. Not Alabama. Hmmmm. Just a random thought.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have never known anyone from Alabama...most other states I know at least one person (family or friend), or I've been there, lived there or something. Not Alabama. Hmmmm.
                  Well, I don't consider myself from Alabama yet. I grew in Michigan and lived in California for almost 13 years after college. Been in 'Bama for one year this Saturday. So I don't count... Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Well, I don't consider myself from Alabama yet. I grew in Michigan and lived in California for almost 13 years after college. Been in 'Bama for one year this Saturday. So I don't count... Smile
                    Still...now Alabama is "on the map" for states that have crossed my mind. Well, that was easy.

Michelle

Well. I was just on duty from last Wednesday to last night... I dealt with lock outs, broken keys, beer pong parties, one broken door (due to a drunken kick), one transport to hospital, two weapons issues...yeah...typical duty week. So, tonight, I am sipping Finlandia Vodka as I watch CSI and playing on my MAC. (Yeah... I am single. Woot. Woot.) Mac peeps...Safari or Firefox? Hmm? But, anyway...a nice chill evening. Then, tomorrow night I have a soccer game for the team I coach. Then cocktails and a night on the town. Work on Friday...then cocktails on Friday night. Another soccer game on Saturday. Who knows on Saturday night. Sleep in on Sunday....cookout Sunday night. Back to work on Monday. Woot.
                      If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                        So, tonight, I am sipping Finlandia Vodka as I watch CSI and playing on my MAC. (Yeah... I am single. Woot. Woot.) Mac peeps...Safari or Firefox? Hmm? But, anyway...a nice chill evening. Then, tomorrow night I have a soccer game for the team I coach. Then cocktails and a night on the town. Work on Friday...then cocktails on Friday night. Another soccer game on Saturday. Who knows on Saturday night. Sleep in on Sunday....cookout Sunday night. Back to work on Monday. Woot.
                        Sounds like a good weekend!

Michelle

10 Signs you've been using Firefox too long... 1. You sit right next to a window but you still just look at your ForecastFox icon to see what it's like outside. 2. You fumble with the TV remote for a minute before remembering that you can't open another channel in a new tab. 3. Everybody else says "Google it" now, but in addition you can also Yahoo it, Wiki it, and eBay it. 4. Your sole measure of a celebrity's popularity is whether they appear on Stumble-Upon. 5. You have to think hard to remember what a pop-up or a banner ad looks like. 6. You think Debian should have backed down on the whole Iceweasel thing. 7. Your distaste for Internet Explorer has branched into an irrational phobia of the letter 'e'. 8. You message your spouse through ChatZilla to find out what's for dinner instead of just going upstairs. 9. A web page without CSS looks naked to you. 10. Your spelling used to be terrible until version 2.0 came out

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mac peeps...Safari or Firefox? Hmm?
                            I'm of three minds on the browser thing. 1) Safari is preferred. I like the handling of RSS feeds better than the others. But... 2) I use Firefox at work, and it's easier to sync up my bookmarks (using an extension called foxmarks) between home and work. But... 3) lately, I've been in love with Camino for the clean interface and brisk performance. At home, this is what I use for RA (b/c emoticons don't seem to work in Safari). I only use IE when I'm at work running something that doesn't run very well in FF.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like Safari best simply for speed...it is so much faster than FF on my machine. But I will open a site in FF if it's not working well in Safari. I still use RA with Safari and hand code smilies and HTML and such. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, I hate how slow FF seems to be, esp opening. That frickin' icon is bouncing up and down on the dock for like 10 seconds waiting for it to open. Camino uses the same rendering engine as FF, so any page that will open in FF will open in Camino. But Camino seems to perform a lot quicker (very close to Safari IMO), so it's replaced FF as my alternate browser of choice. Plus, it handles the emoticons -- I'm just not dedicated enough to hand-code them. Big grin