Drinkers with a Running Problem

What WON'T you drink? (Read 396 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You'd be amazed how quick you can put down a six-pack of that stuff and not think you've been drinking until you try to stand up.
    Sounds like Snakebite Blacks. Half lager, half hard cider and a shot of blackcurrant liquer/creme de cassis (turns it blood red). Will mess a person up fast. At least if you order it in the UK where the beer and cider are much stronger. Goes down like soda pop. 2-3 pints of that and I'm done.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

2) Goldschlager. See Jagermesiter
      You don't LIKE throwing up gold speckled puke? Mmmm purdy! Wine coolers, Mike's Hard Lemonade ... bletch. Oh when I lived in London I drank Scrumpy (sp?) Cider ... yummy!!!
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh when I lived in London I drank Scrumpy (sp?) Cider ... yummy!!!
        I miss that stuff. K was good, too. I liked to tell people they named it after me.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

good point. I tried a mojilito (cuban rum drink w/ mint and sugar cane - don't ask me why) recently and it tasted pretty damn good but no way in hell I'd ever be caught drinking that in front of other people- not quite butch enough to drink in public
          I'd drink a mojito anywhere. (Okay, maybe not anywhere. If I go into a biker bar, I'm not ordering one. But that's irrelevant because my nerdy ass would be kicked long before I had a chance to order a drink.) One of things I miss most about Sacramento was a Spanish restaurant called Tapa The World (clever, eh?). It was heaven to hang out there, eat outside, and drink mojitos and sangria. OT, but when my wife and I go back to Cali to visit someday, we imagine we won't even bother seeing people -- the whole trip will be about food and drink we miss. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Go Pre!

If I didn't drink something because of "that night it did me in", there might not be anything left to drink. They've all kicked me down and I have gotten back up each time and beat the demons!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One of things I miss most about Sacramento was a Spanish restaurant called Tapa The World (clever, eh?). It was heaven to hang out there, eat outside, and drink mojitos and sangria.
              Did you ever get a chance to eat at SanChez in GR? One of the top tapas restaurants in the nation. I have only eaten there once, but it was a $$ meal to remember! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Did you ever get a chance to eat at SanChez in GR? One of the top tapas restaurants in the nation. I have only eaten there once, but it was a $$ meal to remember!
                I don't have much experience with GR other than the following: 1) Ford Museum Smile 2) Meijer Gardens Smile 3) Old Kent 25k, one of the best races of my running career, despite not being trained for long races at the time. Big grin 4) A race to remain unnamed which was the single biggest disaster and disappointment of my running career, at least as road races go. Angry

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.