Guns n Poses

Salmon Ladder (Read 452 times)

protoplasm72

For anyone that is familiar with the show Ninja Warrior, I built this very unstable looking salmon ladder in my friends backyard.  If you are not familiar you can google it and see what the real one looks like.  This group seems like a good place to share this video.  I am kind of obsessed with the show and hope to some day be on it.  This is the first obstacle I've built but I'll probably build a few others.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Carl A

I haven't seen the show, but that ladder is cool.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Seanv2

For anyone that is familiar with the show Ninja Warrior, I built this very unstable looking salmon ladder in my friends backyard.  If you are not familiar you can google it and see what the real one looks like.  This group seems like a good place to share this video.  I am kind of obsessed with the show and hope to some day be on it.  This is the first obstacle I've built but I'll probably build a few others.

I am totally obsessed with Ninja Warrior. This Salmon ladder looks awesome. Is that you working it?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

protoplasm72

Yeah that is me.  My friend is standing behind me to catch me because most failures up high result in flipping backwards and I don't have a pool of water under me.  Have you been doing any ninja warrior style training?  I also am always looking for places to do the cliffhanger.  I'd really like to build a jumping spider but that is pretty complicated.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Seanv2

Yeah that is me.  My friend is standing behind me to catch me because most failures up high result in flipping backwards and I don't have a pool of water under me.  Have you been doing any ninja warrior style training?  I also am always looking for places to do the cliffhanger.  I'd really like to build a jumping spider but that is pretty complicated.

Back before I got serious about running I worked out a gym in DC where people were <i>obsessed</i> with that show and we did a lot of stuff inspired by it. Now, I don't really have the resources. The closes I come is occasionally bouldering...

If you're building a Salmon Ladder, you must be pretty dedicated. Tell us some about your training.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

protoplasm72

Ha, that is the first crazy thing I've done.  It cost $50 and took an afternoon to build.  The hard part was convincing my friend's wife to let us store it in their backyard.  At my house I have a workout area in my basement with a chin up bar that I practice doing chin ups and getting some air at the top.  I've got a pvc pipe that I tied a string to with a 10lbs weight hanging from it that I roll the pipe and wind the string up, lifting the weight off the ground.  That is really good for building forearm strength.  I run past several bridges that have good I-beams for cliffhanger training so during my run I'll stop and do a few minutes of cliff hanger.  I'm considering buying some rope and then just hanging it in a tree out in the forest along the trail I run on so I can get some rope climbing practice too.  Other than that I do a lot of general grip and core training.  Ab wheel, stability ball, free weights.