Guns n Poses

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 597 times)

Seanv2

Just finished the first day, as prescribed by the iphone app:

47 push ups in five sets:

Anyone else?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

I just finished my first day, as well. I did week 3 day 1, as recommended. I could not complete the last set, which was at least 20 for a max, which seems odd to me. Either my form was better than in my test or my run from earlier sapped my energy. I was also very strict on the 60 seconds rest.

I think I'm going to add the pushup challenge, as well.

Just finished the first day, as prescribed by the iphone app:

47 push ups in five sets:

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Wow. I'm more out of shape then I thought. I managed 8 on the test, so I went with the middle column on W1D1.

25 push ups in five sets.

5*

Wow, I fell on my face trying to get one more on the 5th set. That looks a lot easier on paper.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

protoplasm72

Anyone else?

Last time I got frustrated with the schedule so I'm not going to follow it again but I did some pushup sets last night cause misery loves company.  I did   20, 20, 20, 15, 25.  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Carl A

D1 done: 10, 12, 7, 7, 10

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

dork.major dork.

D1: 10, 12, 7, 7, 10

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

John Weigel

Day 1 in the books for me, as well. 10, 12, 7, 7, 25.

D2: 6, 8, 6, 6, 8

Still a bit sore from the D1 pushups, and really did not want to do these, but knocked them out before bed. This time, I got one extra on the last set and didn't do a face plant. Ah, the simple joys in life.

Carl A

W1D2: 10,12,8,8,15

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Seanv2

W1d2 10, 12, 8, 8, 30 I felt really strong on these.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

John Weigel

D2; 10, 12, 8, 8, 26

D3: 8, 10, 7, 7, 10

I felt a little stronger than last time, and less sore, but really have to struggle to finish the last few reps of the last set.

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but

1. I thought Amores and Proto were smarter than this

2. CarlA, I know he is smarter, but he just can't help himself

3. StephT, I think you may have the best chance

4. The others I have little hope of you finishing 100 PUs (sorry, stick with it and prove me wrong) 

5. Not sure what TreeDogs video was all about in the Cross Training forum

To answer what Proto said of why the previous group wanted us to video the final and have it be non-stop & with good form is because we saw some pretty bad videos out there and we wanted to be sure who ever claimed 100 was legit and just didn't get sick of doing them.  Believe me after doing 6 weeks of PUs, you'll want whoever claims victory to be legit.

I wish the other group wasn't deleted.  There were probably 50 people that tried and failed at this challenge, it is not easy and will take longer than 6 weeks.  There was alot of good Q & A on there as well.

The nice thing about that group is that it had a pace bunny type home page, showing the progress towards 100 and the cumulative amount of PUs everyone did since the start.  It was broken down by color by program weeks and weekly tests. 

I think Amores and I did over 12K PUs, yes 12,000 PUs.

I really liked that group and looked forward to reading our weekly struggles.

To do 100 PUs non-stop & w/ good form you need to stay healthy, focused, have a good support group, and be patient.

The good thing about this challenge is that it does build upper body strength and some size, so even if you don't finish it has some benefits.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the encouragement, Ted!

Sucks that the group is gone, but no reason why we can't resurrect it here. If you remember who maintained the old chart, we could see about contacting them and getting a copy. I'd be happy to get us started with it. It could be motivating for us.

I'll also throw out a question I've been pondering. I definitely see the value in the rest day between workouts. Frankly, at this point, I think I'd still be too sore to do consecutive days anyway. So if I'm doing the D1 - D3 workouts on M, W, and F, when do I schedule an exhaustion test?

I'm thinking I should take a rest day after the Friday D3 workout, so that means do the exhaustion test on Sunday. But then there is no rest day before Monday's D1 workout. How do you guys do this?

protoplasm72

I think the old group used google docs for all the tracking and graphs.  And I thought I was smarter then this too.  Yet yesterday I did 20, 20, 20, 10, 30  pushups so clearly I'm not  Roll eyes   

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson