Guns n Poses

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 597 times)

John Weigel

D3 in; 11, 15, 9, 9, 30. Screwed up on the rest and did 1:20 instead of 120 seconds. I don't know if it made a difference, though.
    Seanv2

W1D3 11,15,9,9,20 Let's keep it rolling people

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Initial test 45 pushups
        "Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
        Carl A

W1D3: 11, 15 ,9, 9, 15

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Seanv2

W2D1 14,14,10,10,16 for a total of 64. That one hurt.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

John Weigel

Got my day 1 of week 2 in, as well.  14, 14, 10, 10, 20.  My 2 year old climbed on my back in the middle of my max set.  Between the added weight and me laughing because she did it, I could only muster up 20.  I'm not sure if is the few extra in each set on this one, but I was much more tired today than any day last week doing this. 

W2D1 - Big fail.

Things started off well with 9, 11, and 8. Then on the next set, I hit the floor on number 4, and could only manage 7. I rested a minute and tried the last set (11+) but felt myself heading for the floor on the first pushup so I stopped. Going to try this workout again on Wednesday.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Seanv2

W2D1 - Big fail.

Things started off well with 9, 11, and 8. Then on the next set, I hit the floor on number 4, and could only manage 7. I rested a minute and tried the last set (11+) but felt myself heading for the floor on the first pushup so I stopped. Going to try this workout again on Wednesday.

I found W2D1 much harder than the days of the first week. I wonder if it is accumulated fatigue or what? W2D2 should be interesting...

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

W1 D1 14, 18, 14, 14, 20

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz

I'm repeating w3, as I couldn't complete the min on the last set on any of the 3 days last week. Today I did.

w3d1:

14, 18, 14,14, 25

John Weigel

W2, D2: 14, 16, 12, 12, 32. Felt decently strong today.
                        stephaniet

Finally getting back to this thread after having a friend staying with me all last week.

Today I did W3D2 with really excellent form! 20,25,15,15,35. 45 secs of rest in between.

One thought I had: I know that some people are advocating using a "non-stop" criteria, and that is fine for whoever wants to do it, but I wonder: how do you max out your last set if you have to go non-stop? Given that I did this once, and then kind of maintained a 3x/wk 25/30/25/25/40 routine for over a year, but probably couldn't do more than 60/65 in one shot after that (with the same bad form that I did the 25/30/25/25/40s with), I'm pretty sure that the key to building strength and endurance here is the maxing out at the end. When I did this before I remember that only once or twice did I make the bare minimum on the last set, and it was really important to me to go at least 5 beyond the min. Anyway, just some thoughts. See you guys on W3D3.

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Finally getting back to this thread after having a friend staying with me all last week.

Today I did W3D2 with really excellent form! 20,25,15,15,35. 45 secs of rest in between.

One thought I had: I know that some people are advocating using a "non-stop" criteria, and that is fine for whoever wants to do it, but I wonder: how do you max out your last set if you have to go non-stop? Given that I did this once, and then kind of maintained a 3x/wk 25/30/25/25/40 routine for over a year, but probably couldn't do more than 60/65 in one shot after that (with the same bad form that I did the 25/30/25/25/40s with), I'm pretty sure that the key to building strength and endurance here is the maxing out at the end. When I did this before I remember that only once or twice did I make the bare minimum on the last set, and it was really important to me to go at least 5 beyond the min. Anyway, just some thoughts. See you guys on W3D3.

'non-stop' criteria with good form (and on video) is only for the final test, when you conquer the 100 and claim victory.

However you get there week to week is up to you

stephaniet

W3D3 22,30,20,20,35. dying at the end. might be getting kicked out of france for having so much muscle/having done so many pushups.

seriously, one big difference with doing them with much better form this time (i used to drop my head, this makes a huge difference) is how much more strength is required in your pecs, esp on the outside near your armpits. my forearms are getting surprisingly firmer i think as well, though my right hand squash bulk (brachialis) does not appear to be coming back.

anyone else? bueller? (sorry!)

Seanv2

W2d2 14, 16, 12, 12, 19 Barely got that 19 at the end, this is getting much harder.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com