Guns n Poses

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 597 times)

protoplasm72

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

John Weigel

W2, D3: 16, 17, 14, 14, 33. The program calls for a max push-up test after week 2. I'm planning on doing that Sunday. Good job to everyone still going strong. Keep it up.

Hi all - just joined the group and am ready to start the challenge!!  Like most of you I have made several attempts at completing the 100 over the past few years and never got past week 3.  I'm hoping that with some support from others who are crazy enough to try this I can make it through this time. I just did my initial test and managed to complete 10 (yikes!) push-ups.  I probably could have squeezed out a few more but figured why start myself off at a harder level?

About me:  I'm a 40 y/o female who just recently started running again after taking a 2 year break.  I never was a super serious runner (never entered any races - just did it for fun ... and for my dogs) but I did log some decent miles.  I recently lost about 30 pounds and am feeling amazing!  I'm excited to stay on this health and fitness path that I've re-discovered.  I'll be starting the challenge on Monday - good luck!

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

just for fun I did week one

8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 70

I hope I don't plan on trying to finish, the last 20 are the hardest.

W1 day 3: 22,30,20,20,28

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
            John Weigel

Post week 2 exhaustion test: 45. Can't imagine doing 55 more after that but we'll see what happens over the next 4 weeks.
              stephaniet

W4D1: 21/30/21/21/36. Second set was supposed to be 25 but I goofed, took an extra 10 seconds of rest inbetween. Dying at the end, though I probably had ONE more in me.

Seanv2

I confess, I slacked for a couple of days. But back at it with w2d3 16,17, 14, 14, 20

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

John Weigel

Week 3, Day 1:  14, 18, 14, 14, 30.  

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

week 4 day 1

21, 25, 21, 21, 36

gotta try and keep up w/ Steph

Week 2 Day 1- 21,25,21,21,9  - In the program it's week 4 day1, I was supposed to finish wit at least 32 but i'm stuck. This is he second day I did day 1 and I'm repeating it again. I obviously do not have the muscle endurance to finish this workout right now. Should I go back a couple of weeks?    

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
                        Carl A

Should I go back a couple of weeks?    

I also tested into Week 3, but decided to start at week 1 because I wanted to work up slowly. For me, I figured that I've had this goal for a couple years now (even if I'm just now starting back to work on it), so what's the hurry?

If you feel that going back a few weeks would be helpful, then I think you should do it. However, you might want to just stick where you're at for a bit and then build from there when it gets easier.

I probably shouldn't be giving advice because I'm just coming back from missing a few days. Conveniently, though, I'm now on a nice M, W, F track.

I'll continue to concentrate on form - chest just barely touching the ground, body straight, full-arm extension.

W2D2: 14,16,12,12,20

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Seanv2

Week 2 Day 1- 21,25,21,21,9  - In the program it's week 4 day1, I was supposed to finish wit at least 32 but i'm stuck. This is he second day I did day 1 and I'm repeating it again. I obviously do not have the muscle endurance to finish this workout right now. Should I go back a couple of weeks?    

I'm not expert, but it think back it up a week or two to concentrate on endurance.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

stephaniet

Well, that was nearly impossible. W4D2: 25/29/25/25/36.

Is anyone here particularly sensitive to foul language? Because I might have to use it next time.

In other news, there is no way that the 2x15 of exercise ball pikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HbMYHhXYow) that I did yesterday helped, which is the kind of shi..crappy thing about the pushup challenge: hard to do anything else, upper body-wise.

stephaniet

Yeah, I too advise going back a week. I looked back at my log form the last time I did this, and I repeated week 4 after failing on wk5d1. I was sad about "failure" for about 10 seconds, and then happy to have the opportunity to build some endurance. Good luck!