Guns n Poses

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 597 times)

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Repeat, repeat, repeat...don't think twice about it or feel bad.  Anyone doing this challenge, and hoping to finish with good form, will do a lot of this.

sometimes I think doing the higher weeks of the program tire you out to much...If I keep at this I may just keep repeating week 4 or 5.  Never do the weekly max test and take 3 days off before I think I will pass the final exam.

StephanineT, swear all you want, it'll be good for the group to see the toughest person here is a 'lady'.  Not sure what that says about the rest of us though.

Not being able to do anything else is why most people give up.

Seanv2

Well, that was nearly impossible. W4D2: 25/29/25/25/36.

Is anyone here particularly sensitive to foul language? Because I might have to use it next time.

In other news, there is no way that the 2x15 of exercise ball pikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HbMYHhXYow) that I did yesterday helped, which is the kind of shi..crappy thing about the pushup challenge: hard to do anything else, upper body-wise.

Ok as the "owner" I'm going to go ahead and say vulgarity is allowed. I've had some health stuff this week, but I'll be doing w3d1 tomorrow.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

protoplasm72

In other news, there is no way that the 2x15 of exercise ball pikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HbMYHhXYow) that I did yesterday helped, which is the kind of shi..crappy thing about the pushup challenge: hard to do anything else, upper body-wise.

Yeah. that is why I'm not following the plan exactly this time.  Last time the pushups greatly limited my other upper body exercises.  Even swimming was hard when I was doing so many pushups.  Yesterday I did a lot of burpees and then did several sets of pushups with varying arm and leg positions.  I'll probably do just standard pushups tomorrow.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Seanv2

Just did the max rep test - 31. That seems very low, I'm kind of disappointed.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

John Weigel

Week 3; Day 2: 20, 25, 15, 15, 28. Barely made it.
            TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

all I can say is keep going.  Don't worry about the week you are doing or how many times you repeat it, the prize at the end is doing 100 PUs.  It doesn't matter if it takes you 6 or 36 weeks to accomplish.  Keep with it, if this is really a goal for you, you will finish. 

This isn't easy.  It takes a lot work and sacrifice.

If it were easy, any monkey would have done it by now.

stephaniet

W4D3: 29/33/29/29/40. Can barely type this. I did this after my first track workout in a long time (with a 3 mi city riding bike ride inbetween, so I wasn't completely dead), but still, I think I'll probably go ahead and repeat this week next week.

Bonne nuit!

Carl A

Week 2 pushups were much more difficult than week 1.

Made 20 on the last set, though, so after tomorrow's max test I'll go on to week 3.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

W4 D2, 25, 29, 25, 25, 40
                    John Weigel

Week 3; Day 3:  22, 30, 20, 20, 32.  May take 2 days recovery before heading on to week 4. 

Week 2 Day 3- 20,25,21,21,32+ but could do 20 on the last set. So that means I can't get past the first day of the week. I have decided next week to go back a week.

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
                        stephaniet

repeating Wk4, this time so that my thighs almost touch the ground when I do down. Amazingly this meant that all I did for Wk4D1 was 21/25/21/21/32.

Seanv2

W3d1 14, 18, 14, 14, 12. Last set was supposed to be 20, but I couldn't make it. Should I repeat the last week or just the day?

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

took the weekend off cause of the hurricane, wanted to see how many I could do, I knew I wasn't gonna finish.  But I had 3 days w/o any strength training.

I did 76, it was a struggle. 

I need to stick with my plan of no max weeks for awhile.

John Weigel

Week 4, Day 1:  21, 25, 21, 21, 32.  Arms feel like jello now.