Guns n Poses

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 597 times)

stephaniet

W4D2 25/29/25/25/36 Not sure why doing the same number of pushups as last week is just about as hard this week as it was was last (the incoherence of that phrase is indicative of my exhaustion), but it is. I think I'll try to eek out W4D3 and then repeat this week again next week.

BTW, I'm still not on board for the non-stop rule, sorry. I do want to actually do the 100 at some point.

stephaniet

W3d1 14, 18, 14, 14, 12. Last set was supposed to be 20, but I couldn't make it. Should I repeat the last week or just the day?

Sean, I'd repeat the whole week. Gives you time to develop strength.

protoplasm72

BTW, I'm still not on board for the non-stop rule, sorry. I do want to actually do the 100 at some point.

Do whatever helps you get there.  I don't even follow the pushup plan anymore, ha.  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

stephaniet

W4D3: 29/29/33/29/45 felt better this week (eeked out 5 more at the end) but man is this f-ing hard.

anyone else? are you guys going to be outdone by a lady?

(kidding, don't really want to play up a gender rivalry, but i've got to get you guys pushing and posting somehow, right?)

Seanv2

W4D3: 29/29/33/29/45 felt better this week (eeked out 5 more at the end) but man is this f-ing hard.

(kidding, don't really want to play up a gender rivalry, but i've got to get you guys pushing and posting somehow, right?)

Chicked I believe is the technical term. I realized last night that the iPhone ap doesn't let you go back (or at least I can't figure it out), so I got stuck doing w3d2 last night and utterly failed. I did 20, 25, 15, 7, 7. I barely did those last seven. I'm going to go back and repeat week 2 starting tomorrow.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

John Weigel

Failed for the 1st time:  Week 4; Day 2:  25, 29, 25, 25, 16 on max set.  It was supposed to be 36, so after the 16 i took 30 seconds and maxed out again and got 10 then 30 soconds rest and maxed out again at 10.  I wanted to get to the 36 somehow and I figured it is only going to help add some strength.  I am going to finish off the week and then repeat either week 3 or 4. 

John Weigel

W4D3: 29/29/33/29/45  

Great job, Stephanie!  I feel like I do pretty well through my first 3 sets and then I crash. 

Seanv2

Redoing W2 - 14, 14, 10, 10, 20.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

As I said before, Stephaniet, you have the best chance of finishing.

All the boys are gonna get 'chicked'

For me to say that anyone finishes, I am still sticking with consecutive (non-stop) with good form.  That is what seperates the 'can dos' from the 'no can dos'

John Weigel

Week 4; day 3: 29, 33, 29, 29, 41. Still in on the non-stop rule, but took 10 minutes b/w the 3rd and 4th sets. Everything else was 2 min. I would not have made it otherwise.
                      protoplasm72

I feel like I've been slacking on my pushups.  Did  20, 22, 15, 20, 27  after my run this morning.  I created a new workout type for pushups so I can track them separately from my other strength training.  Makes for a prettier graph in my logs Joking

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

OK, I feel like a weak loser!! I can not get past week 4 day 1. I even went back and repeated week 3, after several attempts at week 4, but apparently it didn't work. Today, I was only able to do 15 on the last set, instead of 32+. Looks like another repeat of week 4 day 1 for me!

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
                          John Weigel

Did my post week 4 max test and hit 53.  I'm inching my way along.  I think I am going to go onto week 5 and do what I can and then maybe go back to week 4.  I was going stron today until about 45 and it hit me pretty hard after that. 

protoplasm72

Did 22,20,20,22,29 after my run today.  I'm thinking sunday or monday I'll do a max test.  I'll probably video it and post it.  That should help keep me motivated.  Does anyone else do a few warm up pushups before a max test?  I remember from last time I did the challenge I did better if I did 10-15 pushups as a warm up and then took a 5 break before doing the max test.

John Weigel

Week 4.5; Day 1: Will go back to week 4 next week but need to build some endurance and strength first.

36, 34, 15 (60 seconds rest and the last 2 sets were max sets)

10 minutes rest

30, 24, 22 (60 seconds rest and last set was a max set)