Guns n Poses

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 597 times)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Bad training week for me...only got to fitness center once this week.  Will need to make-up this loss over the holidays.  Did 4 sets of 25 inclined sit-ups for total of 100.  Then 3 sets of 30 push-ups and last set of 50 for total of 140. 

Both were included as part of UB Free-weight work-out. 

If I don't post between now and Christmas.  Merry Christmas everyone...

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Carl A

I took a holiday break to get some things done around the house, but I'm back again and plugging away here. Steadily increasing pushups, etc., in 3x/week sets.

Happy New Year!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I took a holiday break to get some things done around the house, but I'm back again and plugging away here. Steadily increasing pushups, etc., in 3x/week sets.

Happy New Year!

Sounds like a plan...I did same almost 2wks since last push-ups. Today did 4 sets of 30.  Plan to try and do same at least 2 more times this week. 

Happy New Year!

Joe Suder

protoplasm72

Is anyone still here?  I've been cleared to workout again after my surgery so I'll slowly be starting up my workouts again.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

still here...

Yesterday during free-weight work-out: 4 sets (30,30, 40, 40) push-ups [total 140]

Today morning excercises: 3 sets (40, 30, 30) push-ups [total 100]

Joe Suder

Carl A

Still here, slowly improving.

100 remains far away, but the forward progress continues.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Hi All,

I'm going to give this a try...even though it appears that most people bow out! Initial test: 16

Week 1, Day 1: 10,12,7,7,11.

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

I'm still around thinking about not doing them...really just waiting to cheer anyone here trying.

I would like to see someone complete them, and as motovation...I'm going to go out and say no one here will ever finish all 100 in a row.

Hopefully, that upsets you guys and drives you all to prove me wrong.

good luck (really)

Week 1 Day 2: 10,12,8,8,13

It was actually pretty tough, since I went to the gym after I'd completed w1d1 and decided to jump in on the boot camp class. What was the first excercise? Push ups! So I'm still kinda sore.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Been inconsistent the past few weeks so today at fitness center decided to raise bar a little.  As part of free-weights I include push-ups as part of routine.  I did following sets: 50, 50, 40, 40 for total of 180 push-ups.  Originally planned on 4 sets of 50 but like I said I have been rather inconsistent with the training.

Have a great night.

Joe Suder

Finished off Week 1 with 11,15,9,9,15.  I decided to start the '150 dips' program alongside this, waiting a week into the 100 pushups thing, now that I am not quite as sore as I was after the first couple of days. Initial test was 24. I figure including other muscle groups alongside this can only help stabilize my little girly arms Smile. I have a few wagers going with friends over the push ups to help motivate me, my favorite of which is that my brother promises to dress up like a unicorn for a day should I make it.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I have a few wagers going with friends over the push ups to help motivate me, my favorite of which is that my brother promises to dress up like a unicorn for a day should I make it.

we will expect pictures of course...Big grin

Joe Suder

we will expect pictures of course...Big grin

Oh yes. There will be pictures posted everywhere if this happens!

In other news, week 2 didn't go as well as I hoped, mostly due to a killer cold virus that kicked my butt for a good two weeks. I did manage complete the workouts, barely...and took several more days rest in between them. At least I still know that I'm improving! I'll find out where I stand for week 3 later today. Hope you are all seeing improvements too!

OK, I'm starting this challenge this week. I've already been incorporating strength training in my morning workouts (and now in 2 of my runs), so I'm hopeful that I can make this happen. Smile

Initial test: 45

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)