Greater New York City Road Runners Group

Training for the New York City Marathon, 2007. (Read 377 times)

Anyone have pizza?

Is anyone already training for this race yet? Shy
    Sassy439c

I am! I am! But the sad part is...I don't have guaranteed entry, so I won't know if I can actually run it until June! Keeping my fingers crossed though and have another race to do in May to keep me busy.

Anyone have pizza?

Back in 1991, my friend and I both entered into the lottery. He made it in, but I wasn't as fortunate. I was really depressed and wondered what to do about it. Then it came to me....I waited until my friend came off the Queensboro Bridge, and then I jumped into the race on 1st avenue. I ran with him up until Columbus Circle. It was bittersweet, but at least I gave him the boost that he needed to finish. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get accepted. Best of luck! Smile
        Sassy439c

What a good friend you are and excellent idea. A friend that I am training with has also entered the lottery, so we hope we both make it. If only one of us gets in, I may try stealing your idea...though I'm not sure how strict security is these days. Thanks for the well wishes and best of luck to you as well!!! Smile