Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Thanks 4 Giving 5k & 10k (Read 493 times)

If you are running the Thanks 4 Giving from the Lowell Elks, it looks like you won't be able to get into the Elks parking lot so you'll want to allow a little extra time.

Parking

Parking will be available at JJ Boomers, Brunswick Lanes, UMass Lowell Bellegarde Boathouse and at the Tyco Electronics / Cobham Systems parking lots.  The Lowell Elks Lodge parking lot will be reserved for Elks members, volunteers, emergency personnel and race officials.  Click here for a map of the parking lots

(from an email received from the RD).

Who's bringing the cocktails this year?

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'll bring some PBR's.  Are you going to do the Bloody Marys again?

I'll bring some PBR's.  Are you going to do the Bloody Marys again?

Probably go the lazy route, and do mimosas.  Who's running this thing?  Bueller?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Water stop Tommy said he would be there.

Thanks J, it was a pretty good run.  The overall race thang didn't leave me feeling gruntled though.  Using the start and finish that they did, I think they should have used the dirt path cutoff to get to the Boulevard.  Garmin showed a pace that would have had me finishing about 17:50, but the distance with that segment down to the corner of Varnum and Pawtucket Boulevard wound up being 3.19.  Oh well, as Mr Stronach always says "run faster!"

The announcer was encouraging folks to stick around for the awards, so I did.  The awards consisted of first male and female for the 5k, and first male and female for the 10k.  Fur realz?  Seems a little light when you consider that the 5k had 827 finishers and the 10k had 239.  Maybe it's just me.

Un-gruntled in Arlington

MTA: the beers and mimosas were tasty, and the company was good.  So it's not like there was a total lack of holiday gruntlement.  And I started chatting with a Goon Squad runner on my cooldown, so I just kept running.  it was a lot of fun to run Hank in on the second lap of the 10k.

E.J.

but the distance with that segment down to the corner of Varnum and Pawtucket Boulevard wound up being 3.19.  

I noticed the same thing when I ran the first run race on New Year's day...I think the elks course is a bit long, so not the best for PR attempts

nice race EJ

Socref91

Well done EJ.... Derry only give out awards for Top 3 and they got turkeys...lol

No AG awards.... over 1500 runners..... see you Sunday!!!

see you Sunday!!!

If the forecast is to be believed (knock wood) it will be a good day for a run up the fairway, cool and sunny.  Legs are tired, but I'm looking forward to it.

E.J.