Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Kerouac 5K Sept. 28 (Read 526 times)

The next big race. I figured everyone's going but I thought I'd start the thread anyway. This was one of my favorite races last year. Its basically a Good Times race with a different course and a better/longer party. I can't wait.
    BostonRnr

I'll be there. I've heard great things about it.
        Well it's a Good Times reunion, but methinks you've forgotten the hills. It's going to be a decidedly sucky recovery run, my final pre-Baystate long run will be the day before. The beers will be tasty though. I hope we get the same weather as last year, it was perfect. If you haven't run it before, it's a big crowd. Get there early for nearby parking, and a shirt in your size (if you're lucky).

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Well it's a Good Times reunion, but methinks you've forgotten the hills. It's going to be a decidedly sucky recovery run, my final pre-Baystate long run will be the day before. The beers will be tasty though. I hope we get the same weather as last year, it was perfect. If you haven't run it before, it's a big crowd. Get there early for nearby parking, and a shirt in your size (if you're lucky).
          ...and a commemorative poster while they last.

upcoming races:

evtish

Planning on seeing you guys there. Although I plan lots of things, it's the doing that sometimes gets left out! I'll have to sign up now so I'm locked in.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I paid about the same price as Kerouac for a half marathon. Im better off doing a fast half marathon a week before my marathon as my long run. I could have just done the Salem Wicked Half Marathon the day before and paid double the price, and did the Kerouac. I am crazy. Just not that crazy. So sadly I wont be there. I do miss all you guys. Hopefully I will see all you rascals before April 2009 at one race or another. Give em hell for me boys!
                You're going to miss a funner time.
                  You're going to miss a funner time.
                  Yeah, we're not gonna let a little cold rain dampen our spirits, we'll just drink more spirits. Evil grin

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

Yeah, we're not gonna let a little cold rain dampen our spirits, we'll just drink more spirits. Evil grin
                    Rain...crap. Didn't check the weather before I signed up yesterday. See you Sunday.
                      No big deal. This isnt baseball you know.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

u should run in rain wind snow all year round. some days its better to have access to an indoor track. but meh its only 5K. toughen up kids. im going to do all 13.1 miles in the rain if necessary and I will PR with a smile! I wish I was drinking beers with all of you guys. I miss all y'all clowns. Smile I have to make the sacrifice and do the miles. If I didn't, you'd have to accuse me of jogging. I am scheduled for 31-34 miles. I've only done 4.2 today and im doing 11 friday. CHEERS!
                          I am scheduled for 31-34 miles.
                          Nice to see you've got a schedule going now, keep at it and best of luck this weekend.

E.J.

Well that didn't suck at all. I shoulda had a Sullivan Farms ice cream to go with each beer, but that woulda meant getting up off my chair. The weather coulda been better, but wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Nice to see the Good Times crowd. Didn't see BostonRnr in the crowd, but there were tons of people so might have just missed her. Only problem is we have to wait a year for the next one.

E.J.

BostonRnr

Didn't see BostonRnr in the crowd, but there were tons of people so might have just missed her. Only problem is we have to wait a year for the next one.
                              BostonRnr wimped out Yes I didn't feel like making the trek to Lowell to run in the rain. Yeah, yeah, I should HTFU. Sorry I missed the party!
                                BostonRnr wimped out
                                Oh the horror! The shame! Don't you know there are runners in China that would kill for a 5k like that... Clowning around

E.J.