Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Millennium Mile (Read 356 times)

Anyone else heading up to this race in Londonderry, NH on the 27th?

Fil, Titus, and I will be going up together.

http://millenniummile.org/default.aspx

I'm pretty tempted, I've never done a formal timed mile.  On the downside, my legs are feeling pretty beat so I doubt it would be a very good run.

It's a definite maybe for now.   Smile

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Ed.

No wonder it's sinking

So who's in besides myself, Fil, and Titus?
            Jess and I are gonna give it a shot.  I have no idea what pace I'm gonna shoot for, but it should be interesting.  What's your target pace?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I did 5:17 at High St and that's a flat, winding course with a slight uphill. I would love to break 5 mins in Londonderry, but I've been out of commision since Mill Cities with only 1 training run in that time. I would be happy with a PR, and even happier with a sub 5. I would be very disappointed if Fil kicks my ass, which is a very good possibility since he's still going strong.

See you on the 27th!

I did 5:17 at High St and that's a flat, winding course with a slight uphill. I would love to break 5 mins in Londonderry

Holy crap. I was just hoping to get somewhere around my best 5K pace, I haven't really done any all-out anaerobic running. I was hoping for 5:45 but maybe that's too conservative. I really have no fricking idea, maybe I'll just try to hang with you and Fil for a while.

E.J.

Socref91

Don't be fooled... the speedster will leave us in the dust......lol

i'm looking to break 6min.....

Wish I could make it....I'll be celebrating Christmas with the inlaws...See some of you at the New Year's race

Excellent job to all those at the miler!!

http://www.coolrunning.com/results/09/nh/Dec27_Millen_set1.shtml

You guys are fast!
                          The hill helps....a lot.
                            The hill helps....a lot.

Sure doesn't hurt.  They had me listed as 37 years old with an AG placement of 14/48.  I feel a bit better knowing I should have been listed 12th out of 78 in the 40-49AG.  I wish I could have found Jason at the start, woulda done better with my speedy pace bunny buddy.

Fil ran a nice 5:15, he'll probably be kicking my ass at Good Times in the Spring.  For those who know Frankie Georges, he placed 5th in the 30-39 with a very impressive 4:44.

It's nice to come to a course distance marker a little over 60 seconds after the gun, I like timed miles.  This will definitely be on my calendar for next year, it was a blast.

E.J.

Great job guys...Hopefully I'll be able to fit it in next year
                              evtish

Those are some fast times.  Nicely run.