Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

New Year's Day 5k and 10k in Lowell (Read 671 times)

I got info on facebook from Dave Camire on an inaugural New Year's Day race that he is putting on in Lowell.

I'm not sure who on RA is also on FB so here is a link to the website incase you are interested:

http://www.lowell1strun.com/

I already registed for the 10k since I've never run one before. This one looks like it's a double loop of the 5k course. That will make the second loop interesting.

Sounds good.
        I like the Wicked Frosty 4 up in Salem, and the Run Your Hangover Off by the Shamrocks in Woburn.  I was going to double last year but it was SO damned cold that I blew off the RYHO 5 miler.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

How could you turn down a Camire production?
            Looking forward to this race to kick off my 2010 running season!
              The Hangover Classic in Salisbury has been my race of choice on New Year's.

upcoming races:

DekRunner

The Hangover Classic in Salisbury has been my race of choice on New Year's.

I am with you Rich ... and maybe this time I take the "plunge".

How could you turn down a Camire production?

I'm really not a big fan of the Super 5K course, and I have unfinished business in Salem.  I should have taken an age group award, but failed to HTFU sufficiently.  Might wind up in Salisbury, or might wind up in Woburn, or Lowell.  Stay tuned.  Smile

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

This will be my first New Years day race since all the others are way too far away. I'm glad Camire started one. I hope it does well, considering all the free swag they are giving out.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

WIcked Frosty Four has cool tech shirts with a cool logo......

The SHamrok one sounds good. ALways wanted to run with them.....

Lowell 10K is closer. I may have to pick the 10K. There is promises of "adult beverages" on the flyer.  I just wish it wasnt bud or bud light.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

PS

Hangover Classic sucks balls.

Who wants to be near the ocean on a bitter cold winter day, not me.  Drive is further than Woburn or Lowell.  Did I mention this race is way too crowded?

evtish

This will be my first New Years day race since all the others are way too far away. I'm glad Camire started one. I hope it does well, considering all the free swag they are giving out.

Nice and close.  I'm in!

Who wants to be near the ocean on a bitter cold winter day, not me.

Well the Wicked Frosty Four has a nice stretch on an open point that is wicked windy and wicked frosty.  But it's New Year's Day, it's just part of the "fun".

E.J.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

What's wrong with the ocean? Last yr I jumped in. It was suprisingly warmed than you would think. I was not cold until I came out of the water. I'll be at The Hangover Classic in Salisbury. I think. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

I think I might take the plunge this year, too.  The water temp is actually warmer than the air temp that time of year.

Are you going to the GDTC Annual Dinner on 11/13?

upcoming races: