Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Just For Fun! (Read 419 times)

RickyB

who wants to predict there goodtimes season opener finish time?
      That's a tough one. Last year I came out of the gates with about a minute PR, with lots of miles training for the Providence Marathon in May. This year my training for Boston is going well, but I might be overdoing my schedule. I'm running Stu's 30k on March 1st, New Bedford Half Marathon on March 15th, and probably the Eastern States 20 Miler on March 29th. I don't think it's realistic to hope for another 60 second PR, but to complicate matters I ran the Super 5K about a minute faster than I did last year. I'll go with a silly wild-assed guess of a 20 second PR at 18:30. I don't think I should even be able to PR at my age, but what the hell.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hmmm. I'll be a little behind Ed, say 27:10.

upcoming races:

RickyB

nice! we have some takers. I like your style E.J., lets here some more pr's everyone.....
          DekRunner

Well let’s see … my last four 5K’s were: 20:23 Good Times 20:25 Ryan’s Cup 20:24 Kerouac 20:22 Super 5K Pretty consistent for someone who has no clue on pace. I’ll be ballsy and predict a PR of 20:21.
              Pretty consistent for someone who has no clue on pace. I’ll be ballsy and predict a PR of 20:21.
              Methinks he doth sandbag. Evil grin

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

DekRunner

Methinks he doth sandbag. Evil grin
                Sandbag? No … me not that smart. Methinks more like me hit wall!

RickyB

well i've been running more consistant miles this winter and i want to break 19 min this year. so, i'll say 19:15 for the first one. that would be a pr but not what i'm looking for. i guess you got to start somewere

E.J.

RickyB

NICE, the countdown begins Evil grin
                      lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I'd like to get under 28 for the before the summer. I don't think it's in me though. based on my last two 5k's and todays 3 mile it will be tough for me to get to 29:00 for a pr. Especally since the week before I have the eastern states and april fools that week end and then the great bay the weekend afterward. Today the hamstring felt good so who knows. Last week I could not walk on monday following hampton. long story I will predict no pr for me week one with a dream time of 29:00 my pr is 29:16 so well see.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Today the hamstring felt good
                          Good to hear Doug, keep that up. On my run the other day, I was thinking how nuts my prediction was and the many reasons it's very unlikely. I also decided no retractions allowed, I'll just have to try to make it so. 43 days, 19 hours, 20 minutes

E.J.

RickyB

dido! i haven't raced since december, a pr out of the gate is a little crazzzzy
                              I'm thinking the low 22s. I will PR this year its only a matter of when. Remember I didn't have a single PR last year. I'm still chasing a 5K from 2 years ago.
                                I'm still chasing a 5K from 2 years ago.
                                Chase harder Grasshopper, chase harder.

E.J.