Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Dawg, how could you (Read 328 times)

evtish

let Festus beat you?  

Nice race yesterday!  2nd place at Lisa's Lung 5k.  Congrats.

Would have loved to run this race with you guys!! but I had a date with a 50 mile "training" run.

A tale of two runners.

Festus enjoying an afternoon stroll (with the first loser straggling his way into the frame...)

An alternate take on "enjoying" a run

Went out in sixth place, and unlike Run For All Ages just couldn't get any top end speed. Ran pretty steady, and had moved up to fourth at the two mile water stop. Picked off two more, but I knew there was no way in hell that Festus would let this old man beat him so I just held steady and held placement. Good cheeseburger and soup, lots of beers and best overall placement ever = pretty good afternoon.

Interval 1 Mi 5:50.08 5:50.08 5:51      
        Interval 1 Mi 5:55.24 11:45.32 5:56      
        Interval 1 Mi 5:58.89 17:44.21 5:59      
        Interval 0.14 Mi 0:45.2 18:29.41 5:23      

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Looks aren't everything. Very nice job!! I've already given Festus crap for not telling me that he was doing this race.

What was the course?

What was the course?

It is pretty much the same as the Super 5k or Thanks 4 Giving, with the start on the Boulevard. I do like it a little better than those others, because once you pass the water stop at about mile two it's a straight shot to the finish.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

I work less than 1/2 mile from there up on the Blvd.

That's some good mile splits there.  I got a lot of training to do to get to where you are right now.

Well done.  Too bad I didn't go.
                  EJ- strong work, well done!!  Great pics too.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I didnt even know Festus still runs. I thought he retired.
                      I didnt even know Festus still runs. I thought he retired.
                      He said he hadn't really been running for a couple of weeks, but he could probably take a year off and still beat me.

E.J.