Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Wapack 17.5 Mile Trail Race - Sept 6th (Read 511 times)

Anyone care to join me at this race? http://www.wapack.freeservers.com/

We can carpool out to New Ipswich from Lowell. It's about an hour's drive from Lowell.

Very technical trail course.

Sounds like lots of happy pain!  I recalled a RunningAHEAD race report saying it was a good tough course, and was able to find the thread.  Unfortunately the report here was just a pointer to the guy's blog entry, and the report has been taken off his blog.

I'm going to run the Irish American Road Race that Tom mentioned.  I have to take a shot at getting under 18:00, even if it's a long shot.  I think I'm really gonna miss the GT course, trying to get a challenging PR on an unknown course aint gonna be easy.  I believe every 5K PR I've ever set has been at Good Times.

Have fun being a mountain goat Jason, we'll expect a full report.   

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Thanks, and best of luck at your race and shot at sub 18!

DekRunner

I'm going to run the Irish American Road Race that Tom mentioned. 

Hey EJ - Stop calling me Tom.  That's the second time ... the first one I let slide.  Must be that old age creeping in.

Hey EJ - Stop calling me Tom.  That's the second time ... the first one I let slide.  Must be that old age creeping in.

Sorry Alex, it must be old age creeping in.  I knew Tom started the thread, at least he has some minor association with your most excellent suggestion.  You running it?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

DekRunner

Sorry Alex, it must be old age creeping in.  I knew Tom started the thread, at least he has some minor association with your most excellent suggestion.  You running it?

No problem Chico.

I would like to run it but I have a party up in Concord NH to go to.  I am surprised you're not running the 10K.

Good luck on getting below 18:00.

Socref91

Good Luck tomorrow Speedster (aka Jason) and everyone else running on Monday.....

EJ surprise to see you at the soccer game on Friday, good thing I didn’t have to red card that kid of yours… lol

Good Luck tomorrow Speedster (aka Jason) and everyone else running on Monday.....

EJ surprise to see you at the soccer game on Friday, good thing I didn’t have to red card that kid of yours… lol

He's kinda mouthy, but he really is a good kid.  Glad he pretty much behaved himself for the match.  Smile

I did manage to get under 18:00 with a PR of 17:54, thanks for the race suggestion Jim.

E.J.

Once again, incredible job EJ!

I nearly ended my running season at Wapack.

I came off of a 3 ft drop on a descent at mile 4 (of 17) and heard a "pop" in my ankle. My running season flashed in front of my eyes as I grabbed my ankle and fell to the ground. I thought I was done for since the last time I heard that same pop, it resulted in a fractured ankle (baseball as a kid).

Fortunately, I was able to get up and head to the nearest aid station at mile 5 without much pain, but could feel the swelling. Unfortunately, the aid workers weren't leaving the area for another 4 hrs. I decided to hike back the 5 miles to the start/finish. I was able to run the last mile without trouble, but glad I played it safe and pulled myself from the race.

The swelling has gone down with little or no pain when I walk. Will be on a stationary bike for the next 2-3 days to keep cardio up. Hoping to get in some runs to see how I feel before Reach the Beach in 2 weeks.

Well that's not the report I wanted to see, but it does sound like you dodged a bullet Jason.  I certainly hope that's the case.  Take good care of that poor abused ankle, so you can give it lots more abuse at Reach the Beach.  (Runners are STOOPID   Smile )

E.J.