Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

A little help never hurts (Read 206 times)

I had been flirting with six minute pace for a while, and got some unexpected help last Tuesday night.  I posted it in the general racing forum, it's just too nice a gesture to keep it tucked away in here.

EJ meets CJ - Good Times

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Same thing happened to me last week.  I was slowing a bit and this guy pulled me in and kept pushing me.  Of course I didnt PR but I was only 4 seconds off and I know its coming soon.

RickyB

Wish that I could say the same!!!!! WTF

I don't know about a PR at the Last Call, but I'm gonna give it a shot.  If it's gonna be miserably hot anyway might as well run like your hair's on fire and get it over with.  It's a race boys, make it hurt.   Smile

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.