Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

the not lately suspects (Read 253 times)

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I'm back to the running ahead forums and I'm back to running. Shocked  You can quit running as a runner but somehow I suck myself back in for more torture. Big grin

Where I stopped: March 2010.  I was vastly undertrained for a 30K as I was in dead last place with no surprise and for the first and only time I accepted a ride to the finish line at mile 15.5 of Stu's..  My first and only DNF in the 50+ races that I have done.  I knew that I may not run for a week or two after that and accepted that.  Only it turned into not running again until after watching the Boston Marathon on tv had me psyched so I went out and ran the next day and then not at all.

What got me back into it is the fact that I had signed up with my hasher running relay buddies to do the Kentucky Burbon Chase running relay  last monthwhich was the best goddamn running relay I've ever done.  Kentucky ale is so good.  I got to sample a ton of bourbon whiskey and now I know theres a bunch I dont like and a few that are really good.  So yeah seeing a bunch of runners and wanting to be as fast as them made me decide to get back into it

This weeks goal is simply to go out and run 4 out of the next 5 days if not 5.  My goal for 2011 is to get into marathon running shape again and do at least one marathon.  My life long goal is to compete in the olympics.  Think someone who was not a track star and was never that fast actually do that?  Ok so the last one is a stretch but you never know until you put everything into it.

One day at a time,

Dennis~

Welcome back Dennis.  I would ease back into it, don't want to move from the couch to the bench with an injury.  Have fun with your return!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Sounds like a good plan! Good Luck!

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Yeah I am prone to laziness so I didnt overdo the comeback.  Did 6 miles last week.  Hopefully 7 this week.  Cheers. Big grin

Dennis,

I think you should ease your way into Olympic training, say through banking or insurance (Monty Python "lion tamer" reference).

upcoming races:

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Rich, what the heck are you talking about?  What you just said completely sounded chinese to me.

Update:

Last week was an easy week for me cause I only went out once and it was my fifth back so I'm calling it an easy week although that wasnt the plan.  I forget how often you should have an easy/rest week.  How often do you guys take easy weeks/rest weeks?

So the goal for this weke is to do 7-9 miles.  I did 3.5 miles today at a whopping 15:46 pace.  I must be really fat (based on running standards). LOL

I cant wait to see what my pace is after I stuff my face with turkey and pumpking pie. Tongue

PS, you can also look at my log for this information but I'm sure you like hearing it from me firsthand.

Happy Barfsgiving.