Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

2nd Annual TIP 5K - Sunday 11/2 - 11am @ Claddagh Pub Lawrence (Read 444 times)

Jack McAvoy is co-director of 2nd Annual TIP 5K on Sunday November 2nd at 11:00am. I know Rich is planning to run it, and I might drive up for walkup registration. Anybody else up for it? (My last experience at the Claddagh was so wonderful, how could I pass it up? Wink )

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hey EJ, I'm in (although I have 20 scheduled for Saturday). Tom, what about you?
      evtish

It interferes with Sunday mass. It'll be a weekend decision.
          Someday when I have a "real" job I'll be able to join you guys every Sunday.
            Someday when I have a "real" job I'll be able to join you guys every Sunday.
            No worries Trent, I'm not completely certain I can make this one myself but I hope to. I hope to have a real job someday too.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I may show up. Depends right now I am strongly considering manchester. I am still dissapointed in my baystate attempt and I know I could have done better than I did. I had done better 2 weeks before in a training run and expected simular results. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

I just committed to play hockey at 3:45 so I'll have to get the wife to agree to both, she might, we'll see.
                  abcd
                    I am strongly considering manchester. I am still dissapointed in my baystate attempt and I know I could have done better than I did.
                    My legs are feeling pretty beat up, and I probably have no business thinking about a 5k this weekend. I would have no chance of finishing a marathon. If you decide to give it a go, I would definitely recommend using regular walk intervals from the start. After you imported the workout to the Garmin Training Center, did you use the "send to device" function? Best of luck Doug.

E.J.

Thanks for showing up EJ. I showed up for a little GT 40-49 reunion (and to get my Lowell Sun 1/2 shirt from Jessica) but you were nowhere to be found. A great deal, shirt, beer, pasta buffet for $20. My run sucked.
                        Thanks for showing up EJ. I showed up for a little GT 40-49 reunion (and to get my Lowell Sun 1/2 shirt from Jessica) but you were nowhere to be found. A great deal, shirt, beer, pasta buffet for $20. My run sucked.
                        Sorry brother, I tried like hell to convince my daughter that it would be fun but she wasn't buying it. I even lined up Kathy G. to hang with her while I ran. If it's any comfort, after I dropped Michaela off tonight, I punished myself with a sucky fourteen miler. I really did want to run this one. Sad Sorry to hear your run sucked, glad to hear you at least got your money's worth.

E.J.

Sounds like everybody had a good time, and looks like it too. I don't know who Rich Blake is, but he takes a lot fewer photos than Jim or Ted. I've never seen so many sneak by without a pic, including Angel, Icky, Jessica, Doug and Jay. Angel smoked this one, with 18:38. And your run couldn't have sucked that badly Jay, nothing wrong with 20:41 while you're playing multiple sports and getting ready for a marathon. Your co-director looking cool as always. Jonathan finishing strong at 19:36 (damnit, that’s better than my best and he’s in my age group next Spring…) Mr Blake may not take MANY shots, but apparently focuses on quality rather than quantity. This one’s a keeper Rich.

E.J.

Hey, not bad. I didn't know anyone took pics.

upcoming races:

Where's the link to the pics?

upcoming races:

Where's the link to the pics?
                                Sorry 'bout that, same as always but attributed to a different photographer so there are less than a million this time. All photos by Rich Blake of Coolrunning (as always, more at http://www.jimrhoades.com/ ) And you can send your friends the link to the pic of pics, http://www.jimrhoades.com/08/vietnam/images/IMGP0047.jpg

E.J.