2010 Goals (Read 683 times)

What are your goals for this year?

My goals:

Run at least 1000 miles

5K PR

10 Mile PR

1/2 Marathon PR

1. Run at least 3 miles per day, every day

2. Sub 3 hrs for marathon (maybe at Boston)

3. Sub 1:22 for half-marathon

4. Sub 18 mins for 5k

5, Sub 5 mins for miler

6. Sub 8 hrs at JFK 50 miler

7. Sub 9 hrs from Auburn to Lowell (50 miles - no support)

8. Sub 27 hrs at Reach the Beach

9. Lap Fil at a track workout (done)  Track Workout with Fil

10. Think of 1 more thing to do

4. Sub 18 mins for 5k

5.  Sub 5 mins for miler

Sandbagger.

9. Lap Fil at a track workout (done)  Track Workout with Fil

Hey, you're posta be nice to old guys.  Whaddya say Fil, should we hit him with our canes?

17:30 5K, over 2000 miles for the year and qualify for Boston is about all I got. Oh, and beer. Drink a lot of beer.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I forgot that one.

Oh, and beer. Drink a lot of beer.

RickyB

Sub 18 5K

66-67 Min Yankee Homecoming

1st marathon

2000 miles

My goals:

Run at least 1000 miles

5K PR

10 Mile PR

1/2 Marathon PR

Nice job getting out there today Hort, nasty business that wind chill. That's the kind of consistency that will have you hitting your goals.

Sub 18 5K

66-67 Min Yankee Homecoming

1st marathon

2000 miles

Nice Ricky, very nice.  How's the foot(s) treating you?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

Everything feels great, for now. I took a little time off (about 30 mpw) for Nov./Dec. I think I'm all healed up so its time to start increasing my miles. I'm avg about 40 mpw for Jan. then I'm going for 50-55 for Feb. and dreaming of 60-65 for march and maybe even 70 for some of April. Then it's go time for the spring series. I'm going to run the whole spring series insted of the summer series this year. Leahs going to visit her fam. in Greece so I'll have plenty of time this spring! This summer i'm going to train for a fall marathon (hopefully qualify???) I don't think that my body will allow me to run the summer series and put in those kind of miles. How's everyone else doin? It looks like me,Festus, and Jason could have another good series this year. Looks like Tom is coming back ready this year, and I know Ed will be looking to put an ass whoopin on me again! See you guys soon! I got some great new shoes, you'll all be seeing the backs of them real soon
                  Rickyb, you making me feel like Fil at a strip joint. You got my juices flowing with that kind of talk. I can't wait for the Spring. Eff Winter!

RickyB

I have some GREAT advice for you Mr. Bui, Stay inside where it's warm, don't run verry much, and eat lots of pie/cake/ cookies etc. I have been told by experts that these are the best things to do for great 5k results!!!!

I'm focusing on the HM this year so not sure how many Goodtimes races I'll be running. I'm sure I'll run a couple.

My only goal for the 2010:

1. sub 80 minute HM

Hopefully I'll run some PR's in other distances along the way.

My only goal for the 2010: sub 80 minute HM

Nice Eric, I'm pretty much the only member but you should come join my other group anyway. Fun, and will help you hit your goal.  You running New Bedford?

E.J.

You running New Bedford?

No. I am running the Hampton one on Feb 21st..not expecting much..will be lucky to even PR with the weather lately..Then I probably won't run another until sometime in late May early June, with the hopes of getting down to the low 1:20's. Then the Smuttynose in October as the goal race. I'll run some other race distances here and there.

Socref91

Hey, you're posta be nice to old guys.  Whaddya say Fil, should we hit him with our canes?

EJ, i'll make sure to bring my cane to wack him next time he laps me......

Damn Youngsters!!!!!