Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Request for help. (Read 183 times)

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Request for help. I am being serious.

I am looking for a Marathon Training Plan to follow to help me Run Boston this yr. I was accepted onto the Liver team.

I have a basic plan I used last yr with a personal coach who has since moved to CA. Although he said he would be happy to work with me again via email not sure that’s what I need. I do want to run a sub 5 hr marathon. You can all stop laughing. I do believe it is with in my reach. I did a 5:17 at RNR Las Vegas. Two things I know I need to work on. One how to run down hill. I suck at it. Much better at running up than down. For me the down aggravates my left knee and since I have had 6 knee surgeries and had the cartilage removed down and certain canted road ways hurt. Looking for a 16 week plan which I can then add some of the local races into. I also need to not reinjure the hip. Fingers crossed my Si joint is better for now. Would like to keep it that way. My longest run since RNR was last Friday for 13 miles. 2nd is I need to build my mileage last yr I hit a high of around 55 miles which is my peak. My log shows most of my running. I stopped logging in September when I got hurt and switched to biking.

Any help from you guys appreciated.

Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

My main goal for the first 4 months of 2011, as I prep for Boston, is to have some self-control and cut back on racing. Just too many last year. I think I had something like 20+ races before March 31st!

I'll probably just do EJ's favorite race, the Boston Prep, Super 5K, and maybe a 5K/10K race the week before Boston.

I'm sticking to an advanced marathon training schedule, which may not suit your needs and goals. I'll be aiming for 2:55...maybe 2:50 at Boston.

Like you, I want to get my mileage up over last year (70-80 at peak for this cycle), which I think has been the factor that has limited me.

Definitely take advantage of the GLRR on-the-Boston-course training in late February.

If I can think of any more useful tips in the coming months I'll post it here.

See you on the roads and Good Luck, Doug!