Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

22nd Bobby Bell road race (5 miler) Sunday October 12th (Read 548 times)

As if that FANTASTIC banner ad wasn't reason enough to sign up, I hear the afterparty is pretty good. Mark your calendars for one week before BayState, Sunday October 12th. Click here for the really bad Bobby Bell website

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Sounds good. I'll be there.
        I was excited to run this but I was just reminded that I have a lax tournament in CT that day. Ed, mebbe I'll see you in Woburn. If I don't see you there and since I am running the half at lowell (but I need to do at least 20 that day) would it be helpful to your BQ goal if I ran back to mile 23 or so and kicked your butt across the finish line?
          I was excited to run this but I was just reminded that I have a lax tournament in CT that day. Ed, mebbe I'll see you in Woburn. If I don't see you there and since I am running the half at lowell (but I need to do at least 20 that day) would it be helpful to your BQ goal if I ran back to mile 23 or so and kicked your butt across the finish line?
          Kick, drag, push or pull. Whatever it takes Jay. Dead Pity you missed the Kerouac, we somehow managed to have a great time without you but would have been better with. Why are you doing 20 on the 19th?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

If I survive Applefest on Sat I will the sign up for this one. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Good luck at Applefest, its a tough one. Wink
                I'm training for Philly
                  If I survive Applefest on Sat I will the sign up for this one. Doug.
                  Hey good luck with Applefest Doug, I hope you like it as much as I do. At the moment the forecast looks good, it was ridonculously hot and humid last year. I went out way too fast, and the heat and humidity made sure I faded really badly because of it.

E.J.

Hey goodtimesers- I'm planning to do the Bobby Bell & hope to see a few of you there. It was temping to drive down to Danvers for the 5k there tonight; I am really missing the regular Tuesday night thing. Maybe next week. Its a long way till April!! CJ
                      I've run Danvers wed. fun run about a dozen times, although not in a month or so. It is fun, cheap and the get together afterwards can be fun. There are a few seriously fast woman that run it (not too bad looking either). I highly recommend it.
                      evtish

Hey goodtimesers- I'm planning to do the Bobby Bell & hope to see a few of you there. It was temping to drive down to Danvers for the 5k there tonight; I am really missing the regular Tuesday night thing. Maybe next week. Its a long way till April!! CJ
                        Hey Chris, I've been running the Wakefield 5k on Wed. for the last 4 wks if interested. Danvers is just a little too far for me with the Rte 128 traffic. It's a pretty good safe route around the lake since its getting dark now and I'm getting in a 3 mile cooldown loop after the run. I know its a bit further for you if your coming from Newburyport, but at least you'd be going against the traffic. The mystic runners and other regulars are pretty friendly. or let me know if your running Danvers and I might make the trek. Tom
                          There are a few seriously fast woman that run it (not too bad looking either). I highly recommend it.
                          An excellent recommendation Jay, there's nothing wrong with the company of fast women.
                          I am really missing the regular Tuesday night thing. Maybe next week. Its a long way till April!!
                          It IS a long way 'til April, and although it beats you up pretty good by the end of 18 races the Good Times is great times. Nice to see your post Chris, hope to see you at the Lasting Room (wherever the hell that is). So what's your excuse for missing the Kerouac? Better be a good one.

E.J.

RickyB

well, hello every one from goodtimes! i hope to see you all in haverhill next week.. i think my dads going to run as well but who knows 5 miles is realy far for him Big grin
                              I'm training for Philly
                              November 23rd in Philly, at least you won't have to worry about sunscreen. What's your time goal Jay? I'm planning to run tomorrow pretty easy, just looking to keep under 7:00 pace. Hope to see you, if not then BayState will be here before you know it.

E.J.

well, hello every one from goodtimes! i hope to see you all in haverhill next week.. i think my dads going to run as well but who knows 5 miles is realy far for him Big grin
                                That poor man has to regret he didn't follow through on those military school threats. Seeing the dynamic duo of Brown & Brown sounds good. Have you run this one before?

E.J.