Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

M.O.M.'s race (5k) - Mothers Day Sunday May 9th in Somerville (Read 323 times)

OK, I'm too damned lazy to type up a new post for this.  Here's last year's post, recycled.  This was a really nice way to spend the morning of Mother's Day, I'm registered again for this year, hope to see you there.

Mary O'Brien Memorial 5K Run and Walk 

Trust me on this one, next year get mom a pair of running shoes and pay for her entry. She'll thank you for it. M.O.M. could serve as Race Director 101, a blueprint for putting on a successful road race.

Volunteers all over the place, excellent traffic control in a very busy area (courtesy of volunteers and Somerville's Auxiliary Police), signage for turns that can be seen from outer space.

The only thing better than the race is the post-race festivities. The only thing better than the food is the beer. You could taste the Harpoon Brewery rainbow. I can't remember the varieties, but I'm pretty sure I tested them all and I'm very sure that they all get a thumbs up.

Your entry gets you a chance for a door prize, and if you buy a couple of raffle tickets you've got a shot at a ton of really good prizes. Wines, massages, restaurant certificates, software and lots of other stuff I can't remember at the moment.

And I can't remember the other stuff because Ralphie of the Shamrock Running Club ran a smart race. Not because he took first in the 50-59 age group, but because he left enough in his legs to deliver more rehydration fluids than this furry guy could ever hope to. When it comes to retrieving beers, Ralph is an elite. As an added bonus, I got to meet and chat with his lovely wife Ellen.

Mark your calendar for next year, M.O.M. gets two enthusiastic thumbs up.

I met the RD at the An Ras Mor, he handed me an application. Tough to say no to a nice guy that puts on a race for a good cause. I'm in, anybody else running it? Mary O'Brien Memorial 5K Run and Walk Who: Not just for Moms, but for everyone! Walkers welcome. When: Mother's Day, Sunday, May 9th 2010 10th, 2009 at 10:00 A.M. (walkers 9:45 A.M. start) Registration: 8:00 A.M. - 9:45 A.M. at the Dilboy V.F.W. Post. Course start and finish @ George Dilboy VFW Post 371 Summer street, Davis Square Somerville. Course runs up Summer st, left on Willow Ave then right onto Highland Ave. Follow Highland ave to the the High School then right onto Vinal Ave down to Summer st. then right onto Summer St. all the way back to Dilboy Post. There will be one water stop at the half way point! Entry fee: $20.00 pre-registered (received by May 1st); post-registration day of race $25.00. Tank tops: Provided to first 200 registered. Parking: Available behind Dilboy Post, also free meter and on street parking. Prizes and raffle: Trophies and massage gift certificates awarded to male and female 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall. Door prizes and raffle, including sightseeing flight (for three) over Boston. Medals: Male and female 1st and 2nd place finishers for the following age groups: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39,40-49,50-59, 60-69, 70+ Refreshments: Food and beverages will be provided after the race along with some other goodies and a cash bar.

E.J.
    Tuesday Night Good Times 5K series Lowell, MA
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    See Dawg run. Run Dawg run.

"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self."
    Whitney Young

E.J.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Unfortunately, I'll be up in Portland for the Seadogs' Mother's Day Race...this one looks good though.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

On that one, it's a final score of Moose 1 and Vehicle 0.  Game over.

Is this seat taken?

E.J.

1-0-1

back on topic...meet your 25th overall finisher and winner of the 50-59 AG...El Presidente!

E.J.