Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Anyone running Larry Robinson in Andover next Sunday? (Read 380 times)

evtish

I signed up for the 10 miler.  My longest race to date is a 5 miler, so it'll be interesting how this goes.  I'm going to have to make sure I go out slow enough.

Hope to see some of you there.

PS:  They have the Alex Milotis 5k at the same time if you want a shorter race.  I ran that last year and it almost killed me.

That 5k course is a bitch...you have the huge very fast downhill the first mile and then get to run back up it the last mile...fun fun...I ran the same course for a different race in June... I thought about running this but I really want to go sub 18 on my next 5k and I doubt I'd be able to do it on this course.

I like this race a lot, but probably won't be running it this year.  I registered for Run For All Ages this morning, which is on Saturday.  The Larry Robinson is a well supported race, and might be the world's only 10 miler with a clock at each mile.  I've heard that the sponsors are cutting back, and this will probably be the last running (at least as a yearly event, it might be run on a limited basis).

I doubt I will be running a Sunday race, but if I do it will probably be the Team Micky Ward 5k from Molly Kay's in Lowell.  The Robinson is at a high school = no beer, Molly Kay's = tasty beers.

Have fun with your first 10 miler Tom, looking forward to the report.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Will be doing the Mickey Ward race on Sunday...race start is about 1/2 mile from my place.
            Tom, Great Job on your 10 miler !!!
              Tom, Great Job on your 10 miler !!!

Absolutely, way to rock it Tom. 

37 728 Tom O'Leary 44 33/180 M 10/61 M4049 METHUEN MA 1:10:03 7:01

Just awesome.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

Thanks guys!  I was happy with the result considering I planned on a 7:15 pace.  Felt pretty good, could have ran the 1st half of the race a little bit faster, but I got to pass about 20 people in the second half of the race, so that was kinda fun.

Now I need to find a half to sign up for!

EJ - Nice time in Run for all Ages.  Good pictures too!