Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Woburn Irish American Club 5 Miler - Sunday October 5th (Read 361 times)

Cross posting from Beantown Runners so you're ready for the Bobby Bell on the 12th... Includes a sweatshirt and free beer(?) Step Out for Hospice

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I have to work. It's a miracle enough that I could get the 12th and 19th off. Anyone looking to hire a college graduate?
      lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I will be at the Cam Neely 5k in Milford. It will be my first race with the Tri-Valley Front Runners the running club I joined. Sorry. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Anyone looking to hire a college graduate?
          Nice job on the timing Trent, if things keep going the way they are the only companies hiring will be collection agencies and homeless shelters.
          I will be at the Cam Neely 5k in Milford. It will be my first race with the Tri-Valley Front Runners the running club I joined. Sorry. Doug.
          The Cam Neely sounds like fun too Doug, and closer for you. Just pay attention at the start, any runners carrying hockey sticks automatically get the right of way.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I'll be running the Maine Marathon on Sunday. My goal is to do it under 5 hours. I'm hoping around 4:45:00. Anything else is a bonus!
              I'll be running the Maine Marathon on Sunday. My goal is to do it under 5 hours. I'm hoping around 4:45:00. Anything else is a bonus!
              I wouldn't worry about your finish time, just enjoy the run. Hope you get good weather, best of luck Dennis.

E.J.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Good luck dennis. Ed I really enjoyed Applefeast. Gave me some hope for baystate. I saw a big improvement over my first 1/2 and even one over VB. Still had some gas in the tank and no blisters yet. One hotspot but aside from that all's good. The half might be my distance. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Nice job Doug, wound up with more than twenty minutes under the cap. Applefest is not an easy course, well done indeed. Did you use scheduled walk intervals?

E.J.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I finished in 5:08:48. I ran 23 + miles where I only walked during every gatorade stop. When I had 5K to go,all I had to was do a 30:00 5K to finish under 5 hours but I had nothing left. I'm so glad I have done something hard that less than 1% of the world's population has done. I have one month until my next marathon. Any suggestions on improving my time?
                      I have one month until my next marathon. Any suggestions on improving my time?
                      Ya, don't run another marathon in a month.
                        It was a good sized crowd having a good time, and that was even before the beer was flowing.
                        From Web Posts
                        The streets were paved in gold(en beer...)
                        From Web Posts
                        Having his picture taken is forbidden by Mile Collector's religion, something about pictures would steal his soul or something.
                        From Web Posts
                        This one's worth marking on the calendar, I was pretty much drinking alone (and driving) so I cut myself off at four beers. As I was heading out, I noticed one guy with an eight cup stack. The kegs were flowing freely. Big grin

E.J.