Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Applefest (Read 254 times)

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

How did it go?  Race report?
      Jason...awesome job at the Applefest Half!!!! especially considering how much of a beating you put yourself through at RTB

Thanks, Eric! The weather couldn't have been better and the course is pretty nice too! Last hills at miles 9-11 aren't too bad, but like Boston, it's just where it is on the course. First time running Applefest for me, but it's now my half PR: 1 hr 26 mins. Previous was 1:34 at Baystate last year.

20th overall, 5th in age group.

I missed placing in my age group  by 1 place!  5th in age group, but Patrick Moulton had won overall, so that moved me to 4th for awards. Neither of the Moultons had run this race in the past and Patrick decides to come out and ruin my daySmile

Now I get to look forward to a week of recovery to prepare for my Boston qualifier at Maine Marathon on the 4th!

Shout out to all of the other Good Timer's that ran. Linda Young and Fil Faria placed in their age groups and brought home huge ass Apple Pies! I got one for being a UMass grad!

Thanks, Eric! The weather couldn't have been better and the course is pretty nice too! Last hills at miles 9-11 aren't too bad, but like Boston, it's just where it is on the course. First time running Applefest for me, but it's now my half PR: 1 hr 26 mins. Previous was 1:34 at Baystate last year.

If you can run the hilly Applefest course eight minutes faster than the flat as a pancake Baystate course, that's actually at least the equivalent of a 10 minute PR.  More amazing progress Jason, if you are healthy a BQ is yours for the taking.

Great job!

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I finished in 1:47:58.  Thats a 1:33 PR for me.