Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

What happened last night? (Read 255 times)

I can't make the summer series but I would appreciate periodic updates especially on the 40-49 age group, Tom/Ed.
      Well there was no race last night. Wink
        ahh. No wonder no results available.
          Well there was no race last night. Wink
          Well not entirely true. I won the 40-49, Trent won the 20-29 and Doug won the 30-39. We planned it loosely in the "Paging BadDawg" thread. We showed up, hit the course, ate pizza and drank beer. Pity you couldn't join us Jay. How's lax going?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

5-0 one cracked rib cartilidge and the remants of a reallyfriggin bad charley horse, both from last Thursday's game.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I wasn't invited? Gee thanks Doug. You hurt my feelings. Shocked I ran 16 miles Sunday as well.I went on the treadmill until 2pm when the gym closed and then I ran outside. It started raining. I heard thunder once and when I did I started sprinting but after that there was no more thunder. When I got close to my car, it stopped raining. Go figure! I am looking at my times for this month and I ran almost the same exact amount of time but like 4 less miles. I can''t blame this on the weather because I have been running on the treadmill if its too rainy or muggy out. Maybe its because it's my second consecutive 100 mile + month so maybe my body isn't used to it? Anyone want to analyze my training log? Confused
                Like I said, run more days.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I will Trent. You might wanna do the same. Cool
                    I know I can't even follow my own advice. Blush
                      5-0 one cracked rib cartilidge and the remants of a reallyfriggin bad charley horse, both from last Thursday's game.
                      Sounds like a lot of fun Jay, no wonder you keep going back for more. Wink

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ed, I see you are back to cranking out well into the 19s. Good job. Anyone have anything else to report? Any new hot babes at the race? Tom, I don't know about you, but ever since GMR I have been struggling. I feel like I think Ed did post-Boston. In my Wednesday night 5k fun run, I have gone (approx) 19:45, 20:15 and last night 21:33. I also barely broke 35:00 in a 5 miler last Friday. WTF? I have a game next Tue. at ULowell at 8:00. Sort of thinking about showing up and racing (nice and easy) and then playing. In any event, I'll try and stop by for a beer.
                          I doubt it will take you as long to recover Jay, I didn't feel right for 8 weeks. You'll bounce back in no time. That's great that you will be in Lowell. My son and I were at a Lexington soccer field this afternoon, and the field turf had the lacrosse markings on it. I was telling Zach that I would love to see the Terminator rocking opponents off their feet, and now I can. Can't wait.

E.J.