Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

CONGRATS ED!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 231 times)

RickyB

Awesome run my friend!!!!!!!  That was great........ Can't wait until I pull one of those out this year. I'm going backwards fast? WTF. I guess 3 races in 7 days, not so good ( for me anyway) I think you got that 17:59 in you this year   MUCH RESPECT (old man) HAHA

hey you hippie bastard..I suppose a congrats is in order..even though I haven't seen the results yet

MTA: Just saw the results...Sweet..great job ED

purpleprincess

Great Job EJ!

That sub 18 Miley is going to be hanging around your neck really soon at this rate

Thanks guys, I felt unusually strong on the Parkway and knew I had a good chance at a healthy PR.  Held it together much better than usual on the Riverwalk, and finished strong. 

By far my best race, and it does give hope for getting under 18:00 this year.  Next week won't work, because I'm scheduled for a 23 miler this Sunday.  Maybe the series finale, or maybe one of the Wakefield Wednesday night races or something.

And I know my "faster than Ricky" status is only temporary, I have no doubt you'll once again be ripping past me soon.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ed, nice job yet  again...kickass even splits too boot

Thanks Eric.  It was another good run, and the others have heard my sorry story ad nauseum so I might as well bore you with it too.  I had run long on Sunday with a 23 miler, then wrenched my back on Monday morning picking up my dog's crap.  After a warmup my back felt pretty good, and it was a non-factor during the race.

It was the long run that had me holding back and running nice even splits, I felt strong but kept waiting for my legs to cry uncle.  I figured for sure I was going to crash and burn, but never did.  As it turns out, I should have started to kick a bit earlier.  I'm pretty sure I left some time out on the course, so I'm heading out the door to punish myself.  My Wednesday regular, a nice hilly 13.1 should do the trick.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

DekRunner

Hey EJ -

Looks like you will be taking over third place in your age group next week.  Not bad seeing you missed a week.  Not bad at all.  Too bad the summer series didn't go 10 weeks.  You might have made it all the way to the top.

Ya I saw that today.  You will get that third place and add some more hardware to your wall.

Hey EJ -

Looks like you will be taking over third place in your age group next week.  Not bad seeing you missed a week.  Not bad at all.  Too bad the summer series didn't go 10 weeks.  You might have made it all the way to the top.

I meant to take a look, but didn't get a chance at work.  It would be nice to sneak into the top 3, the grass won't be getting cut before next Tuesday.  

E.J.