Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Mark your calendar - Good Times opening night is Tuesday April 7th (Read 715 times)

Hey thanks Mike, good to meet you too. Hopefully next time you see me I will have actually earned my medal.
    DekRunner

Hey - great job guys!!! Four in the top eight. Three PR's (Tom you'll get yours next week). I had a game last night so I couldn't make it, but I should be there next week. Hopefully I will see you all then.

RickyB

I LOVE that course!!!!! Good to see everyone, Good to pr, Good to meet you Mike, GOODTIMES....... PS, I'm going to beat you EJ Evil grin
        evtish

Good to see everyone. EJ, Rick - nice PR's, I was impressed! I see it's going to take alot for me to try and keep up with you two. Mike - Nice to meet you & nice win, congrats. Jay - Try to make a few more. See you next week.
            Looks like everybody had a Good Time on opening night : ) Unfortuantely, I couldn't make it. I am planning to run tomorrow night. It should be interesting as I have been battling an injury since early November. I wasn't thrilled with my results from the Wildrover Series.
            evtish

Hey Eric. I was wondering where you were last week. Always good to have more people to run with to push me along. See you tomorrow.
                Hey Tom, Not sure how much I will be able to push you, aside of my rocket start off the line. I never seem to learn Wink Unfortunately, the series just didn't fit into my schedule so I will most likely only make it to a couple of races. I'm hoping to be able to run the entire summer series again. Based on some of the times from last week, I will have my work cutout for me. see you tomorrow night
                  Hard to believe another week has flown by, and it's time to head for the beautiful Mill City once again. I couldn't lace 'em up again without at least committing a thought or two here. It was great to meet our new Vice Overlord of Weekly Local 5K series, mikeymike. Nothing like making a maiden voyage in style, first overall aint too shabby. For those who don't roam the main forums much, mike posts on the "goal of sub 17 minute 5K" thread, and after Boston will be turning his attention to the 5K distance. Hopefully we'll get another guest appearance at some point. It will to great to raise beers and celebrate his success regardless of the race location, but it would be even better if he happened to get 16: xx on a Tuesday night. I would say a mikeymike return would be likely, but after winning an absolutely FABULOUS award what else could compare? I laughed so hard when I saw the photo of the Bikini Run start that I think I damaged an internal organ or two. Follow that with Tom's discussion of running "the tangents" and I may be asking for help with an organ donation drive. Festus got nothin' on Tom and his creative running. And speaking of creativity, a young man who shall remain nameless has found a way to enhance his Miley count. Run under an assortment of assumed names, and your trophy case will be overflowing in no time. I checked it out, and the weaseled Miley looks just like the real thing. Don't worry Trent, I won't name any names. RickyB has painted a target on my back, apparently dissing his dear old Dad is so yesterday. The writing's on the wall, and the day of reckoning will soon be at hand. Not bad for a guy suffering plantar fasciitis. Why don't you pick on somebody your own age, punk. Thankfully, Ricky's dramatic season opener was overshadowed by an even more impressive run. Dan Dodson not only ran a Good Times PR, he ran an all time 5K PR. Very impressive indeed, when he returns from his time off I owe him a beer. Hopefully some of our friends that were MIA on Opening Night at least put in an appearance to tip a pint, anybody know if Rich and Kathy are back on the side of the milk carton?

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

Sadly I won't be able to make it tonight, but I'll be back soon enough! Just tuning up in preperation for the summer series. Hey EJ, the target is on your back because dear old dad just had surgery and can't run for a little while (he doesn't stand a chance anyway!) Your the perfect speed for me to compete with, a little faster. a little! have fun tonight see you all next week! GOODTIMES Big grin
                      Great run Tom, nice PR...Much better than my awful race. That's what I get for going off the line like I did Clowning around According to my Garmin I went off at a 3:53 pace(must have just been my initial start since there is no way in hell) Shocked One of these days I'll try to hang back and run a smart race Wink