Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

FORR 5k July 23rd, Reading, Ma (Read 380 times)

mikeymike

Pimping my race...

3rd Annual FORR 5K ROAD RACE

5K Road Race

Friends of Reading Recreation sponsors an annual 5K road race at Memorial Park. The race is usually held on a Thursday evening in late July.

The wheel-measured course is flat to gently rolling through quiet, tree-lined, suburban roads. It starts on Harrison Street and features a nice open finish on the grass at Memorial Park. Professional timing is provided by Yankee Timing.

2009 Details:
    Date: Thursday, July 23rd
    Time: Registration starting at 5pm, race starts at 6:30
    Cost: $15 for preregistration, $20 day of race
    First 150 registrants will get a FREE commemorative T-Shirt
    Register online at: www.signmeup.com/65124

Details: http://www.forr01867.org/<wbr>5krace.html

And I promise to run at least one of the Good Times Summer series races...my kids are out of school on Monday and then my life gets a lot more manageable.

Runners run

Damnit.  I saw this post and headed over to the Shamrock forum to one-up your pimpage, but you beat me to it.  Just because it's your race you feel you have the right to do that?

At least I beat you to the Beantown Runners forum, and my pimpage was better than yours.  So there.

I've been in for a while, looking forward to it mikey.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I'm in. Probably should not be but I am. That will make for a long race week for me. Good Times on Tuesday. Then FORR ANNUAL 5K ROAD RACE Thursday. Followed by My 2nd Mistake at the lake Marathon the next day. In Wakefield. July 24th into the 25th then Early the next day St. Anne’s Lakes Race Saturday July 25, 2009. Then the Marlborough Triathlon on Sunday July 26th. I think I am wring checks by body can’t cash. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

I think I am wri(ti)ng checks by body can’t cash. Doug.

Ya think?  Oh Great Flying Spaghetti Monster please keep Doug safe from himself, and keep him free from harm.  Ramen.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Bumping cuz it's a week from tomorrow, and you folks are kinda forgetful.

E.J.

mikeymike

Thanks, BD.  And if you're planning on it, please pre-register via the signmeup link above.  Pre reg is $15, day of race is $20.  I'd cut a group deal for you guys but this race barely (or sometimes not quite) breaks even. FORR puts on all kinds of recreational events throughout the year and this is one of the few that they actually charge for and it's just to cover costs.  Most events are free.

Runners run

Thanks, BD.  And if you're planning on it, please pre-register via the signmeup link above.  Pre reg is $15, day of race is $20.  I'd cut a group deal for you guys but this race barely (or sometimes not quite) breaks even. FORR puts on all kinds of recreational events throughout the year and this is one of the few that they actually charge for and it's just to cover costs.  Most events are free.

I attempted a preregistration about a million years ago (or more likely around the time you posted this thread), hopefully I'm on your roster.

E.J.

mikeymike

EJ, I don't have you on the pre-registration list...did you get any kind of confirmation email from Signmeup.com?  Or a confirm number?  Do you know what date it was?

I have Doug on the list, he registered on 6/17.

Runners run

EJ, I don't have you on the pre-registration list...did you get any kind of confirmation email from Signmeup.com?  Or a confirm number?  Do you know what date it was?

I have Doug on the list, he registered on 6/17.

I couldn't find an email from signmeup.com, so I had to put on my detective's hat.  I found this post from April 24th:

Tell that lazy RD to get off his ass

Checked my credit card statement, there is a $15.00 charge from signmeup.com on April 25th.  Maybe that qualifies me to run last year's race?   Smile

E.J.

mikeymike

You said the magic words: April 25th.

Yeah, somebody tried to register on that date...like the same day I turned on the pre-registration form and it came out a blank registration.  So we got their (your) $15 but no info.  This was before we even pulicized the date of the race or anything and nobody else registered until a month later.  I've been trying to figure out who that was since then...I actually thought it was some member of FORR just trying to make sure the form was working or something.

Mystery solved.  You're all registered up.

Runners run

somebody tried to register on that date.

For those of you that have taken such glee in calling me a nobody, I now have proof to the contrary.  So there.  Thanks mikey, looking forward to it.

E.J.

mikeymike

Sweet, the mystery runner has been identified and the registration list updated.  Phew.

Runners run