Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Half at the Hamptons (Read 371 times)

I just registered for this:

http://www.hamptonhalf.com/halfatthehamptons/

It should be fun, if the weather co-operates..if not, it's going to be a long day..

Post race party is being sponsored by Smuttynose...They put on a really good post race after the HM in October...the kegs were flowing over time

Any of you guys not in the 35-39 AG feel free to sign-up...if you are in my AG, just move along..nothing to see here

Just incase any of you were on the fence....

Looks like this race filled up fast and they are closing it tomorrow night at 9pm.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Eric I'm all signed up but oyu have nothing to worry about. I am slow. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

evtish

Saw the results.  Nice race Eric.

this is from my log entry for the race...

really didn't even feel like running today..was very close to a DNS, but I ran anyway...the wind was crazy..thankfully only a few miles were in a direct head wind..unfortunately the first and last miles were two of them..went out much faster than planned and paid the price at the end of the race...middle part was pretty much uneventful as I clipped off 6:35's and was barely breathing..the legs were just dead and I couldn't get them moving...last two miles really sucked...got a wicked ab cramp when I tried to make a move at mile 11..almost stepped off the course but sucked it up..barely got under 7 min pace for those miles...somehow managed to run a decent last 0.25 mile..wish the race was longer... the cramp went away and I felt strong

wish the race was longer... the cramp went away and I felt strong

Huh?  Keep running.  

Damned nice job Eric, way to push through an assortment of challenges.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Tough day to be running next to the ocean. Nice job, Eric!
                  thanks guys..now I'm hoping to shake this cold I got at the race before the sunday's wild rover kickoff..I can't let Tom beat me