Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

New Year's Day 5k and 10k in Lowell (Read 671 times)

One word: Shrinkage

What's wrong with the ocean? Last yr I jumped in. It was suprisingly warmed than you would think. I was not cold until I came out of the water. I'll be at The Hangover Classic in Salisbury. I think. Doug.

man the weather is looking really sketchy for the race....raced in a snowstorm last winter and it wasn't fun

Jason what is your goal for the 10k? I've never run one and have no clue what to expect. May try to run with you, if we have similar goals...although I'm pretty out of shape right now and may be lucky to even break 40 minutes.. Obviously everything goes out the window if we get the snow.

Ideal conditions: 6:15 pace.

Snow: 6:20 pace.

Based on your training, you're way ahead of me right now. I've done about 10 miles (not including races) in the past month, and getting over ITBS. I'm sure you'll have no problem sticking with me, and then sticking it to me, at the finishSmile

I was going to switch to the 5K, but now that I know you'll be out there with me, I'll stick with the 10K.

Current weather forecast for the 1st: 70% of Rain/Snow, 38 degrees.

See you on the 1st!!

I'm really not liking the forecast...switching to the 5k is sounding like a good idea

I'm not in very good shape right now...Between my two week recovery taper and the holidays, I've turned into a lardass..the last interval workout that I ran almost killed me and it should not have been difficult..

Assuming I can even run a 6:15 pace...that  sounds just about right..let's hope I can actually go out at 6:15 and not 5:45 like I usually end up doing..maybe I can pace off of you, if you really go out at 6:15

I get the feeling that Tom is going to sweep in and kick both of our asses

see you on Friday

Awesome job to those that ran. Very nice run, Eric! Can't wait for Good Times!!
            evtish

Good run guys, nice to see you.  Tough day for a race, don't think the alcohol cleared the liver yet.  I'm sore and I didn't even push myself like I usually do.

Football and hockey watching from the couch today!

Great job guys...Jason, It was nice getting the chance to run/race with you. Man I have a lot of work to do before the spring. My hamstrings are screaming
                  I think I dug most of the pics out of the pile. If I missed a couple please accept my apology, as always Jim’s crew created a pretty big pile. This time it was over 100 web pages.   It’s OK, my eyeballs should stop bleeding soon. All photos by Ted Tyler of Coolrunning (as always, LOTS more at http://www.jimrhoades.com/ )

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Wow that second pic of me is awful...