Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Homesforourtroops.org 4 miler in Andover 4/17 (Read 325 times)

Community,

I just noticed this race. It's a FREE entry amd an 8:30am start. T shirts and breakfast for all. It's a good cause, and donations are encouraged in lieu of an entry fee. I will be running, and donating more than an entry fee would be. I suspect this is the first race for this cause. Hopefully they will get a good showing. 

upcoming races:

Generally, the only veterans charity I donate to is the DAV because they have an outstanding record of getting money and services to the veterans that actually need it.  I'm happy to report that Homes For Our Troops is nearly as efficient as DAV, which is not easy for a smaller organization.

Charity Navigator ranking for Homes For Our Troops

Homes For Our Troops "About Us" page

I got this is an email from Icky LaBrode a while ago, I should have posted it.  Four easy miles two days before the marathon might just be the perfect way to stay loose, I might join you up in Andover.

Downloadable entry form

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ed, I'm with you on the DAV. They're my #1 charity, although I have more address labels, calendars, etc than I'll ever need. I wish they wouldn't send all that stuff. They'd get my money anyway.

upcoming races: